Warsaw

welshbairn

Got 6 hours or so to kill enroute to Georgia for the Scotland game next month, arriving and leaving from Chopin Airport. Any suggestions? Seems I can get trains to either Śródmieście station or Warszawa Centralna station.

No, first time. Had another look at transport and there's a bus straight to the Old Town. Might take a taxi though if it's only a fiver. Is that the best place to head for to wander about and drink?

If you're looking for a few beers I'd recommend the Nowy Swiat Pawilony.

This is like a small shanty town of alternative boozers up an alleyway not far from the old town.

Warsaw Uprising museum is fucking superb. I was in there for about 3 hours. Absolutely fascinating.

That's me sorted. I see it's just 10 minutes walk from the train station too. :thumsup2

Went once coming home from Turin for the Juventus - Celtic game and like you, only had 6 hours or so but got a couple of days there for the Scotland game (the friendly). Excellent city but I thoroughly regret not getting to the uprising museum. Old town definitely worth a wander but for the life of me I'd never be able to name any of the bars we drank in

Went once coming home from Turin for the Juventus - Celtic game and like you, only had 6 hours or so but got a couple of days there for the Scotland game (the friendly). Excellent city but I thoroughly regret not getting to the uprising museum. Old town definitely worth a wander but for the life of me I'd never be able to name any of the bars we drank in

Aye, I think it will be a toss up between the museum and wandering about drinking, won't have time to do justice to both. I'll probably just get pished and come back another time for a weekend and do the cultural stuff.

Archived