First manager to face the chop?

JellyBelly

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 2 games in DS must be on a shooglie peg if he doesn't get a run of wins under his belt, high expectations at Spartans and they want that SFL slot sooner rather than later

Bang on. I'm surprised he was allowed to start the season given how bad they were from the turn of the year.

I've been to all 3 Spartans games & most of the preseason.

Against Stirking Uni how we came away with only 1 point I'll never know. Our 1st home game against Preston we appeared nervous & I think a draw was fair enough. Today against Dalbeattie we played like we did against Stirling & was cruising at 3-0, we let our foot off the gas but finished off in style.

We've not lost a game so whoever is writing us off, carry on cos you are making yourselves look daft.

Grimbo

I've been to all 3 Spartans games & most of the preseason.

Against Stirking Uni how we came away with only 1 point I'll never know. Our 1st home game against Preston we appeared nervous & I think a draw was fair enough. Today against Dalbeattie we played like we did against Stirling & was cruising at 3-0, we let our foot off the gas but finished off in style.

We've not lost a game so whoever is writing us off, carry on cos you are making yourselves look daft.

Grimbo

Well after gala took all three points against EK and, the new boys, Cumbernauld taking the champions right to the wire it shows the league is getting more and more competitive!

So what I'm getting at is shock results and dropped points will become a re-occurring theme this season I reckon, so Spartans have had their taste of it early doors, but if they capitalise on the dropped points of teams around them, which I think there will be, then they're right back in it!!

Don't write the spartans off just yet!

Been at a few Spartans games and don't see any improvement from last season, however do have 1 or 2 players to return.

There was a huge gap points wise last season and already 7 points behind.

Cant see the lad Murray getting the goals they need. Best thing to see at the moment is the young lad Murrell who has great potential.

''Out'' the running.

Well after gala took all three points against EK and, the new boys, Cumbernauld taking the champions right to the wire it shows the league is getting more and more competitive!

So what I'm getting at is shock results and dropped points will become a re-occurring theme this season I reckon, so Spartans have had their taste of it early doors, but if they capitalise on the dropped points of teams around them, which I think there will be, then they're right back in it!!

Don't write the spartans off just yet!

Fat lady is singing

Been at a few Spartans games and don't see any improvement from last season, however do have 1 or 2 players to return.

There was a huge gap points wise last season and already 7 points behind.

Cant see the lad Murray getting the goals they need. Best thing to see at the moment is the young lad Murrell who has great potential.

''Out'' the running.

Think you'll be wrong about the lad Murray I've watched him a few times and I reckon he'll give you 20 goals this season watch this space

• 2 weeks later...

Listen this is not the English premiership were discussing here.The managers in the lowland league are giving up there free time to help run the club's they are managing as well as all the other people who work behind the scenes for scant reward so if you have never had to participate in said work rather than attend games I think topic is derogatory and off limits especially mentioning Mr samuel bit below the belt me thinks.

Listen this is not the English premiership were discussing here.The managers in the lowland league are giving up there free time to help run the club's they are managing as well as all the other people who work behind the scenes for scant reward so if you have never had to participate in said work rather than attend games I think topic is derogatory and off limits especially mentioning Mr samuel bit below the belt me thinks.

That you Craig?

Has much as I hate Alex ferguson had he been judged on his 1st few seasons then the scum would not have been the success that they once were.

Sammy's got a good nucleus of players & like every manager wants to add more.

I know teams have off days but we haven't (well maybe the Preston game, which we didn't lose) but I've been to every game so far this season & yes I'm frustrated that we haven't been converting our chances but the football on display as been excellent.

If you only want to watch a team that just wins go watch Celtic in Glasgow or City in Manchester.

It's not quite clicking just yet but when it does someone is going to take a right tanking.

Yes I am biased but I am their watching the team develop. 3 of the team have come through the ranks, I suppose next you'll be blaming Sammy for using the kids next, he's in a no win situation with the folk that don't go watch us just still like to bash us.

I believe we will be 1 of the teams fighting it out at the top come the end of the season. It's still early doors & a long way to go yet.

Grimbo

I think your strikers will come together soon enough but your defence really needs sorting out

Yeah I agree it was unfortunate that our captain & centre half Ally MacK got injured in the opening game of the season but I hear he's well on the road back & was an unused sub on Saturday

Grimbo

Over the years in the old EOS forum and the new LL forum many a player committee and manager have been slated so for you to come on and say please dont mention DS is laughable...

hes is in what is considered one of the top jobs in Scottish semi pro football so it comes with the territory.

His team was one of the pre season favourites and thus far have flopped!!! i for one dont think he gives up his time to manage Spartans for nowt so please get real Mr Impartial..

Archived