The WSC Preview Questions

Regular readers of When Saturday Comes will have seen the season preview. Unfortunately, only the top flight gets done, so let's do ours here.

How will you do?

Hopefully stay up, although we are very much an unknown quantity right now, and look weaker than last season.

Which teams did you like and dislike most last season?

Liked Dunfermline for being hapless enough to give us 12 points. Also Stranraer for being in the top four when many predicted them to go down. Disliked Brechin for still being a bogey side to us.

What was the best moment of last season?

Winning the league would be the obvious one, but it was assured for almost an hour on the final day. So for the sheer euphoria, the two late, late come backs at home to Ayr (0-1 to 2-1 in stoppage time) and Stenny (0-2 to 3-2 in the last 10 minutes).

What was the worst moment of last season?

Our own support making out a home match against Forfar to be a mere formality, only for them to turn up and show us how it's done.

What would be an appropriate sponsor for your club?

Slumberland. Giant or diddy, we've been sleeping for decades now.

How will you do?
Who knows, we certainly look a lot stronger than we did last season and I'm really liking the new manager's style of football. I think 7th. Which would be excellent.

Always liked Alloa, even though they did beat us for the first time in years, lovely ground and some unusually decent stewards. It's very difficult to like Rangers however. The players and management love a confrontation and dive on the pitch and the referee's seem to buy it all. A fan also hit my Papa with a coin at Ibrox. Why would you throw a coin at a 75 year old??!!

The 3-1 away win against Cowdenbeath was one of the few occasions where we actually played well. Colin Nish was immense that day, and Garry Fleming's free kick. Oaft.

Pick any one from the following; Losing 5-1 at home to Livingston, losing in injury time against Hibs having been 2-0 up with 15 to play, losing to Stranraer again, Lee Mair, losing 4-0 at home to Queen of the South, not beating any of the 'big 3', Mark Wilson trying to cross a ball.

'The Away End', seen as it's all the 'big team' fans moan about.

How will you do?

Who knows, we certainly look a lot stronger than we did last season and I'm really liking the new manager's style of football. I think 7th. Which would be excellent.

Always liked Alloa, even though they did beat us for the first time in years, lovely ground and some unusually decent stewards. It's very difficult to like Rangers however. The players and management love a confrontation and dive on the pitch and the referee's seem to buy it all. A fan also hit my Papa with a coin at Ibrox. Why would you throw a coin at a 75 year old??!!

The 3-1 away win against Cowdenbeath was one of the few occasions where we actually played well. Colin Nish was immense that day, and Garry Fleming's free kick. Oaft.

Pick any one from the following; Losing 5-1 at home to Livingston, losing in injury time against Hibs having been 2-0 up with 15 to play, losing to Stranraer again, Lee Mair, losing 4-0 at home to Queen of the South, not beating any of the 'big 3', Mark Wilson trying to cross a ball.

'The Away End', seen as it's all the 'big team' fans moan about.

Did you not finish 7th last season? Surely that's par for the course now and anything above that would be excellent - especially with a better squad.

How will you do?
Hopefully 3rd and at the very least 4th. Anything less would be a poor season.

Disliked my own team the most because it was a shambles of a season. Liked Killie because they provided decent food.

3-1 away to Dundee. McLean and Mallan were excellent that day with Mallan's goal being the highlight of the season. Plus I won a decent wedge of money after taking a punt on Saints -1 at 8/1. Special mention for the final whistle on the last day of the season as well that was good in terms of thank god the season is finally over.

Appointing Tommy Craig everything that followed was routine as a result of that bumbling old fool.

Probably Arnold Clark as we intend to sell our products (players) at a decent price but always end up settling for much less.

Did you not finish 7th last season? Surely that's par for the course now and anything above that would be excellent - especially with a better squad.

Aye, but in a league that wasn't as strong (at the back end) as this one. Cowdenbeath went down - leaving only us an Alloa p/t - Livingston got a points deduction and spent a lot of time in turmoil. Whilst Alloa looked a far stronger team under Danny Lennon. Morton have quality players in Gaston, Tidser and MacDonald...but also an uber diddy manager. They should be stronger than Cowden were.

This season we have a team of good players, but not all of them (nor the manager) are proven at this level.

I'd guess the league will end something like this:

Rangers

Hibernian

Falkirk

St Mirren

QOS

Raith

Dumbarton

Livingston

Morton

Alloa

Of course we could have enough to get beyond Raith...but in the same vein any of the teams below us will be confident (I'd imagine) of finishing above us. Whilst 7th may be seen as 'par for the course' it'd still be an excellent season for us...especially if the football is better than last year!

How will you do?

Hopefully an improvement of last season (and the season before that, and the season before that) and an assault for the playoffs. We've gone with a younger squad and it is McKinnon's first season at this level so I'd accept the same given that promotion is looking nigh on impossible with the teams we'll face. The problem is that we've no idea on what will happen to Lewis Vaughan who has been absolutely stand out this season. He came off on saturday with a ligament injury and he could be out for the rest of the season.

Hearts were on fire in the first game against us in the most dominant performance I've seen from an away side at Starks. It was 4-0 going on 9-0. They also won the league which was hilarious.

Disliked Rangers, for being Rangers.

Beating Rangers in the cup. Other than that there was very little to celebrate other than a home win against Hibs.

Livi at home the first time around. Ross Perry was sent off after 2 minutes and we were absolutely ruined by the team who were bottom of the league at the time. Utter humiliation.

If it ends up a horror story, we're already sponsored by www.valmcdermid.com for our home top.

How will you do?

Being in or close to the bottom two is inevitable. The only question is whether we'll be actually be in the relegation battle fighting for eighth, or so far behind that we can't even be considered to be in the battle as we're as good as down by Christmas. I think the former is far more likely as unlike the last time we were in this league we have more than one decent Championship player, but the squad as it stands is still weak in every area, especially defensively, and I'd bite your hand off for eighth right now.

We're meant to like other teams? Eh, Dunfermline for the 12 points. Disliked Ayr as we only managed a win, a draw and two defeats: Jim Duffy did as much as anyone to keep them up.

Beating Stenhousemuir 3-2 having been sure the title challenge was over at 2-0 down with 12 minutes to go.

Losing to Spartans in the Scottish Cup, the first time we've ever lost to a non-league side. Obviously embarrassing because of the result, but made even worse by the way we lost.

It wasn't the typical story of the lower league side getting in front and holding on under relentless pressure, we were 1-0 up and in control of the game then as was to happen countless times in the league, the opposition changed their tactics, gradually began to dominate and equalised, with Duffy not having a clue how to respond and taking far too long to make any changes. Spartans finally got their wholly deserved winner in the 90th minute.

Losing to a Lowland League side is one thing, but losing to a Lowland League side after they've comfortably been the better team is really humiliating.

Insert some shite joke shop comment here.

How will you do?

Bit of a grey area just now, a squad that looks very good but has yet to be tested, a 9th place again would be a decent season an 8th place would be a great season. Even just keeping the manager all season could be seen as an improvement especially since Hartley and Smith left at important parts of last season (the latter maybe for the best).

I quite liked hearts and hibs last season, Hearts football was amazing and hibs fans are a bit more down to earth than they're made out to be. I like queens aswell, a great away day and theres nothing really to dislike them about (apart from there keeper last season being a dick). Dislike Rangers, there fans seem to have adopted some sort of rivalry with us for some reason that no one knows (Same old Alloa, Always cheating) and the seethe they had when we went to ibrox the first time. There "ultras" or whatever they claim to be more focused on us than the game. Also dislike Cowden.

Got to be either the win against Rangers in the semi final or the second leg vs Forfar, both magic days. Both we were expected to lose and defied the odds.

It has got to be the challenge cup final, we were all full of confidence and from what I took Livingston weren't yet they showed up and gave us a proper doing to win it.

I know this isn't the response wanted but anyone that gives us a decent deal.

How will you do?

Heart says we'll win the league however it's not to be ignored that Rangers will be a massively different proposition from last season, we need to avoid doing what we done last season and consistently beat the sides around us which is something we didn't do. If we can do that we'll win the league as tbh there isn't much between us & Rangers.

Quite liked Dumbarton, had never been to their ground before and it was an interesting experience and their fans were quite sound. QOTS also, quite shan that they majority of their players have left after the success they enjoyed last season. Hearts for obvious reasons, not least that fucking Ozturk goal :lol:

Finishing second after an atrocious start was pleasing, individually though, absolutely humiliating Rangers 4-0 at home was uber pleasing.

Only taking around 12 (I think, don't quote me on that) out of 36 available points against Falkirk, QOTS & Raith was incredibly frustrating. Other than that the Scottish cup semi final was a shite one to take.

Durex. Can hopefully be relied upon however has the tendency to let you down massively.

How will you do?
win the league hopefully. when we have all our players available i think we have the best strikeforce and midfield in the league but its all down to keeping all players fit at all times. its not going to be easy but im confident we can do it.

quite liked going to Alloa, especially the scottish cup game, don't know why. disliked playing QOTS last season as apart from 1 game against them we really struggled to break them down.

Lewis Stevensons volley at ibrox after being battered for 80 minutes. the scenes after that goal were unbelievable as bodies started flying everywhere. absolute carnage. also seeing thousands of seething sevco fans walking away and getting themselves wound up over the duration of the game (especially after the first) was funny as f**k.

Between Osturk's last minute goal and the falkirk semi final.

no idea.

Archived