Pish Adverts

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Just found this thread

Bringing everything back to pie and bovril being a football forum,

If anyone has ever been to Cliftonhill to Albion Rovers by train,

This Cadbury advert was filmed in the wee corner shop next to Coatdyke train station. Totally random filming a Cadbury advert in coatbridge

I've been there! 😃

I see the adverts for American Jesus grifters are back on YouTube rotation  :rolleyes:

Remember, Jesus needs you to give your money to wealthy con-artists so they can buy a third aircraft to holiday on, and to plate their toilet with gold. If there's one thing the Son of God was known for, it's accumulation of wealth at the expense of people who don't have it.

artworks-000543499485-mvvypk-t500x500.jp

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

I see the adverts for American Jesus grifters are back on YouTube rotation  :rolleyes:

Remember, Jesus needs you to give your money to wealthy con-artists so they can buy a third aircraft to holiday on, and to plate their toilet with gold. If there's one thing the Son of God was known for, it's accumulation of wealth at the expense of people who don't have it.

artworks-000543499485-mvvypk-t500x500.jp

I didn't know Jeff Goldblum did it.

52 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I didn't know Jeff Goldblum did it.

C'mon, you must have suspected that he might be the Son of God.

19 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Neom.com.....blah blah blah random words...
Does anyone have a fucking clue what they're on about?

They send someone to yell "STOP EATING, YOU FAT c**t" at you every few minutes.

I accomplished the same with just a few PMs to the right posters on P&B

Edit: oh wait, that's Noom. Yeah, Neom's a bunch of Nathan Barley media w**k.

Edited by BFTD

The Thornton’s advert that is on just now is so utterly utterly shite, to the point that it annoys me that someone has watched it and said ‘yeah that’s good’. It’s just devoid of anything, and the whole ‘no you have the chocolate…no honestly you have the chocolate’ *someone else eats chocolate* routine is so lacking in imagination. If I gave a bunch of 16 year olds the task of making an advert for a box of chocolates and they came back with that scenario I would tell them to have another go. 

It’s like the sort of advert they make on The Apprentice, where the production is so bad that you wonder how it ever managed to see the light of day. At least on The Apprentice they have the excuse of not making adverts for a living, so god knows who Thornton’s hired. 

20 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Every time I stumble across this advert on Sky (usually when I have Sky News on to put me to sleep), I sure it must be about to appear in this year's Apprentice.

this came on last night and I shouted "F*CK OFF" at the telly and got telt off by the wife....I cannot stand it...even more annoyed they got to used the Suicide tune as well.

I know its been widely been a subject of p*sstakes on TV comedy sketch shows but pretty much any perfume/aftershave advert is a load of sh*te... i dont know how they still get away with doing them but it seems to be a competition each year to be the most pretentious. 

On 18/12/2021 at 18:26, jimmy boo said:

Neom.com.....blah blah blah random words...
Does anyone have a fucking clue what they're on about?

Saudi Arabia are building a massive city in the desert that seems absolutely batshit crazy Neom is Neo-Mecca I think.

Trying desperately to get investors.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything to do with Huel.

They use that awful influencer video style, and appear to be advertising to a customer base who really hate eating food, and wish that a diet of Pot Noodles and Slimfast milkshakes wouldn't be a fast-track route to osteoporosis and scuvy. They also seem to think that demonstrating a powder that rehydrates into the vilest-looking macaroni cheese imaginable seems like a bargain at £2 a pop.

Surely must have been founded by devotees of the pro-ana movement.

• 3 weeks later...

The Youtube advert for the new Google Pixel 6 phone advertises that it can remove photobombers from photos it takes. I find this one particuarly seethe inducing as:

1. It's one of the many Youtube adverts that can't be skipped. I usually watch on a TV so ad-block is not an option. (Could dedicate this entire thread to Youtube adverts now.)

2. The example "photobomber" is just some guy standing in the very public place where the photo used is being taken. If some random guy is a photobomber go and take your sh*tey group selfie somewhere else.