Pish Adverts

Jesus fucking Christ, would you look at the state of these commercials being run by a toothpaste manufacturer, desperately trying to glom on to people doing good things that have absolutely nothing to do with them or even dental hygiene in general.

The UK one is even worse, but I can't find it online yet. Trying to take credit for an employer hiring a chef with Down's Syndrome, FFS.

Right your car has broken down and you need to get somewhere.  Which option do you take? 

• Your insurance provider gets you a taxi to take you to your destination while they take the car to the garage.

OR

• You go with Bumblebee the Transformer to your destination.

Who in their right mind would go "nah I'll take the taxi thanks".  Bumblebee will be quicker, be a much more interesting chat AND imagine rocking up with a bloody transformer as opposed to Phil the taxi driver.  That's a story and a half right there.

10 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The voice on the lassie in the Postcode Lottery adverts gives Sarah Millican an run for her money in the squalkability stakes

Speaking of Sarah Millican, why does she always wear those comedy glasses with the fake nose whenever she's on TV?

The one that starts off, "Is wearing a face mask causing your glasses to steam up?"

As the answer in my case is 'yes' I'm keen to see what solution they're offering. Turns out it's Optical Express punting laser eye surgery. This seems a bit drastic if you ask me, along the lines of "Do your shoes pinch because they're too tight? Have you considered having all your toes amputated?"

The new Scottish government advert for the 18-49 yo Covid vaccine roll out. Absolutely honking as you can imagine for a government trying to appeal to the younger generations.

They’d have more luck by just saying “if you want a pint without all the face mask and social distancing shite get a jag c***s.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

They’d have more luck by just saying “if you want a pint without all the face mask and social distancing shite get a jag c***s.

Just call it as it is.

Get your jag, don’t be a c**t,  nobody likes c***s.

There's an advert that keeps coming up when viewing this site for the National Lottery that blasts out a tune every time you scroll past it, even if you mutesld it the last time. Proper annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

The Birra Morertti advert where the guy lowers the bucket with 6 beers and gets a whole party on the roof for it. I'd love to see some Glasgow schemey version where the guy lowers down a 6 pack of Tennents and gets a bunch of roll ups and tins of spam. 

22 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

They’re still touting credit cards to people whose lives would be better in the long term without credit cards, but at least the quality of their adverts has improved…

I actually don't mind this one and I don't like cats so I thought it was decent.