Pish Adverts

Tesco Christmas naughty list advert is rivalling Asda for me.

I’m not even sure what Asda are aiming for in there advert. I seen it described somewhere as trying to make the family out to be vloggers but it comes off as cringey.

Every advert I've seen for the new iPhone consists of "ooh, it's so exciting to open the box!" or "everyone will be so jealous that you have one!"
Is that genuinely all that it takes to sell these things? The latest one adds the clinching "you can watch an animation of Rita Ora that looks like it came from a late Nineties video game, and she isn't naked".
You do know that the people who buy them aren't very clever don't you? 

Starting the clock [emoji6]

Apple could literally say "Our latest phone doesn't have any extra features, it's exactly the same as our last model but it comes in a different colour" and fuckwits would still queue to buy the thing. Absolute morons.

22 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’m not even sure what Asda are aiming for in there advert. I seen it described somewhere as trying to make the family out to be vloggers but it comes off as cringey.

I thought it was highlighting that socially inadequate simpletons can shop there and not feel out of place.

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

The song is "oops I did it again". The ad is about a naughty list.

Can you work the rest out yourself?

No, not really. The song isn't about Christmas or doing bad things, it's about developing feelings for someone you don't want to because you know it won't work. It's a terrible choice which seems to have been made purely to add some level of fame to the advert for no reason.

40 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

No, not really. The song isn't about Christmas or doing bad things, it's about developing feelings for someone you don't want to because you know it won't work. It's a terrible choice which seems to have been made purely to add some level of fame to the advert for no reason.

The song is called "Oop..I did it again". The advert is about naughty lists. Its really not that complicated