Pish Adverts

Guest Moomintroll
Now that's a racist trope.
Hmm, who did you used to be then? Try looking up the definition, means a loan shark & has zero Semitic connations in the way I used it.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
13 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:
Now that's a racist trope.

Hmm, who did you used to be then? Try looking up the definition, means a loan shark & has zero Semitic connations in the way I used it.

Today, “shylock” is considered an antisemitic slur and, after being called out by the Anti-Defamation League, Biden apologized for his “poor choice of words.” 

Time Magazine, September 17, 2014.

I don't believe in reincarnation so, for better or worse, will always be me.

Guest Moomintroll
Today, “shylock” is considered an antisemitic slur and, after being called out by the Anti-Defamation League, Biden apologized for his “poor choice of words.” 
Time Magazine, September 17, 2014.
I don't believe in reincarnation so, for better or worse, will always be me.
Fairynuff, I was meaning it in the dictionary definition of a loan shark with no racial or religious insult intended. I am intrigued though, given your username, if you genuinely haven't been on here before, did you just join & then try to search out any references to Shakespeare to reply to?

Guest Moomintroll

Ha, no. I hadn't even made that connection I was just browsing through topics that I thought might be amusing. I saw your assertion that something was racist and thought I would be a bit arsey too. Pie and Bovril can be a semantic minefield so I will  tread warily.

Yeah I am pretty much as mild & beige as it gets on here unless something really grinds my gears. You would have made an enemy for life with some posters & marshy would have stuck you on ignore which would have enriched his forum experience massively.

• 2 weeks later...

"Housebarresment"

So some Aussie p***k flaps his arms and declares "We're coming to you for the Hols" uninvited. What are your options?

• Tell him to get to ***
  • Come clean, say that the house is a state
  • Spend thousands and thousands on a new kitchen

Tough choice

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 20:16, jimmy boo said:

Subway ads where they pretend their vegan shite is actually meat then turn it around as if they couldn't tell in the first place. Then the small print says the vegan shite may have been cooked along with normal grub. That will go down well with the weirdosemoji3.png

It is a very strange advert, not really selling it to vegans in my opinion. If I were vegan I'd be left with the worrying thought it might not actually be vegan after all.

On 21/02/2020 at 13:16, Northboy said:

It is a very strange advert, not really selling it to vegans in my opinion. If I were vegan I'd be left with the worrying thought it might not actually be vegan after all.

I find veganism / vegetarianism odd, but if that lifestyle makes people happy then good for them.

What I don't understand, is how their world seemingly ends if their food comes into contact with cooking oil or a chopping board that may also have come in to contact with meat. Does that really make a difference to you being a vegan or not? 

A lot of noise is made over restaurant chains not doing enough for vegans yet, when they try, they get grief from the same people about how they have inexplicably not redesigned their entire kitchen to satisfy them.

As with my previous point, if you were as concerned about animal welfare as you proclaim, you would surely avoid such establishments out of principle anyway.

Edited by Todd_is_God

On 23/02/2020 at 21:23, LIVIFOREVER said:

That BoS ad with Susan Calman.

We Scots...…...……...are something else. Yep, that pretty much sums up this advert, only not the way she intended it, doing my head in.

Just saw this for the first time. Genuinely considering changing banks.

Just seen one for Febrize which could be taking the title of this thread literally. They claim that every time you flush your toilet, it flings odours onto your soft surfaces, which are released back into the air so you smell them later.

So put the fucking toilet lid down!

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Just seen one for Febrize which could be taking the title of this thread literally. They claim that every time you flush your toilet, it flings odours onto your soft surfaces, which are released back into the air so you smell them later.

So put the fucking toilet lid down!

A wild tangent here, but I've never understood the men v women toilet seat up or down argument.

Why doesn't everyone just close the whole thing when they are done?