Pish Adverts

On 04/03/2023 at 18:26, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's an advert for Nando's on the go which appears to be in a foreign language.

Came in here to mention this. Don't think I've ever seen an ad that is basically "our product is for idiots", but fair play to them if that's the only market they are interested in. It's a bold strategy. Not that I had ever contemplated eating in Nandos anyway due to the reputation, but the ad just confirms every stereotype going about the place.

22 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

They also have an advert about getting free airport lounge access with certain holidays.  The same fat kid walks thru the 'ordinary' lounge with a similar smug look, that also makes you look out a baseball bat to use on him.

And the mother kicks off her flip flops into someone's face before bombing the pool. Any company commissioning an ad which screams " book with us and you can holiday with utter c***s" deserves bankruptcy.

The best thing about that new Irish tourism advert is that it will now surely discourage their tartan gonk counterparts here from following suit.

'Whit we like" pish that yanks will lap up, to be sure to be sure, but I cringed so hard I developed a hernia.

M&S advert on TV.

The background music is the OMD song Enola Gay.

AN anti war song about the plane which dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima, killing over 90,000 people.

Strange choice of tune to sell bras and knickers to the middle classes.

"I'm the queen of the reduced section. I came out with 'baconaise' which I didn't know existed. So I bought it." You're that hard up you're having to make a point of buying reduced food, and you're buying a bottle of bacon flavoured mayonnaise. I bet you're going to use all of that up before it's out of date.

The sooner Nationwide have a Northern Rock moment and we never need to suffer these again, the better.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

"I'm the queen of the reduced section. I came out with 'baconaise' which I didn't know existed. So I bought it." You're that hard up you're having to make a point of buying reduced food, and you're buying a bottle of bacon flavoured mayonnaise. I bet you're going to use all of that up before it's out of date.

The sooner Nationwide have a Northern Rock moment and we never need to suffer these again, the better.

Between that and the guy berating some poor woman for putting too much milk in her cereal they really are a brutal set of ads from Nationwide.

On 29/03/2023 at 18:10, Miguel Sanchez said:

Ozzy Osbourne, PSVR. Let the guy have some dignity in his final years.

I know you're kidding, but if Ozzy dies how he lived, he'll have a heart attack trying to sook the pish out of his own nappy. With a morphine suppository up each nostril.