Pish Adverts

On 09/06/2021 at 22:27, Funky Nosejob said:

but at least the quality of their adverts has improved…

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Lil cat motherfucker walking tall, what's not to like? 

I think we’re agreeing that it’s a vast improvement on the woeful “Card of Vanquis” pish it has replaced.

In a similar way to when the AA replaced that lip syncing baby with the dog and fan, it stands as evidence that redemption is possible for even the worst of offenders.

The adverts with a word search you get during the day where you can win about £30k the newest one has the clue, Popular TV Crime Series and the answer is clearly Midsummer Murders as it takes up a whole line. I know these are clearly easy to make people spend a fiver phoning in but very annoying.

Add to that anything by JML

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Omaze Million Pound House Draw is clearly a money laundering scam of some sort, yes?

They absolutely must be although they are a massive Company in the USA operating under a charitable status. They operate with a profit margin of 16-18% after prize purchasing which is nice work if you can get it given their operating costs excluding advertising will be negligible.

A certain mayonnaise advert.

Shows various folk looking glum with nothing in the fridge other than a jar of mayo and they somehow end up cooking all sorts of wonderful colourful dishes.  Where did that chicken and those peppers come from?  The garden?

On 13/06/2021 at 12:50, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Omaze Million Pound House Draw is clearly a money laundering scam of some sort, yes?

The previous prize showed a house below an embankment which carried a small river, they are hawking properties that can't be sold due to being in flood plains or other defects.

On 13/06/2021 at 14:25, Perkin Flump said:

They absolutely must be although they are a massive Company in the USA operating under a charitable status. They operate with a profit margin of 16-18% after prize purchasing which is nice work if you can get it given their operating costs excluding advertising will be negligible.

The woman doing the advert is a whiney sort, I have to mute sound when it comes on.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

A certain mayonnaise advert.

Shows various folk looking glum with nothing in the fridge other than a jar of mayo and they somehow end up cooking all sorts of wonderful colourful dishes.  Where did that chicken and those peppers come from?  The garden?

What came first, the chicken or the mayonnaise?

On 13/06/2021 at 14:06, Bert Raccoon said:

The adverts with a word search you get during the day where you can win about £30k the newest one has the clue, Popular TV Crime Series and the answer is clearly Midsummer Murders as it takes up a whole line. I know these are clearly easy to make people spend a fiver phoning in but very annoying.

"The clock is ticking, you only have 30 seconds"

Pressing pause on the remote :)

Except I'm not because they are really irritating adverts. 

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The previous prize showed a house below an embankment which carried a small river, they are hawking properties that can't be sold due to being in flood plains or other defects.

The latest one, if I heard right, is about 100 yards from a cliff edge in Dover, so it's not lasting long either.

• 2 weeks later...

That gambling advert where Peter Crouch stands up in front of the big outdoor screen showing the football to say "come on!!!" to the crowd.

In reality, all you'd hear would be various variations of "get out of the way ya f***ing dick" as he gets hit with liquid-bearing projectiles.