Pish Adverts

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
That advert attempting to paint Stella Artois as a sophisticated drink for refined & cultured people.

Reassuringly expensive was their previous non convincing script.

I don't like the beer but did like those adverts. With Verdi's music and nice wee narratives.

7 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The advert for Surf detergent with a bunch of burds saying Perf with Surf is really starting to get on my tits. 

I normally buy Surf but I'm getting Persil next time as a protest. 

I was told that Perf with Surf lassie got the advert because she was already famous, by someone who couldn't then tell me who she was or what she does.

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I was told that Perf with Surf lassie got the advert because she was already famous, by someone who couldn't then tell me who she was or what she does.

My missus tells me she's Danny Dyer's daughter. Apparently. 

Christ. We live in a world where you acquire wealth and fame because your old man pretends to be a tough guy in a line of straight-to-video action films.

I'm not sure that's any better than "my father went to Eton". At least they get some kind of education.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

There was a small run (no pun intended) of pish pad adverts last night when i was having my tea.

I mean, really. 

There's a real effort going to convince women that, just because they have to wring out their scants, it doesn't mean they can't be sexy too.

No doubt the lad from the bamboo knickers ads will be demonstrating the version for men soon.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's a real effort going to convince women that, just because they have to wring out their scants, it doesn't mean they can't be sexy too.

No doubt the lad from the bamboo knickers ads will be demonstrating the version for men soon.

I suppose it was quite literally a pish advert tbf. 

Must try out the bamboo drawers. Apparently you can see them growing in front of your eyes. 

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

I feel bad for the donkeys and dogs but showing the horrific consequences of neglect when i'm having my tea will make me turn over, not donate. 

If you're having frozen lasagne for your tea you might not be too far from the horrific consequences