Pish Adverts

51 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I really don't get the point that the new Starbucks adverts are trying to make. Are they trying to say they are a safe space for trans people, or just that they will get your name wrong no matter what?

Impressively, that advert managed to genuinely piss me off.

Some suits sat about at an ad agency and discussed ways that they could make hay out of the difficulties encountered by an oppressed group. Soulless monsters. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Impressively, that advert managed to genuinely piss me off.
Some suits sat about at an ad agency and discussed ways that they could make hay out of the difficulties encountered by an oppressed group. Soulless monsters. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.
Make them believe that we care about them mr burns.

Yes Smithers, care. Hahaha haha. The fools. We don't even pay taxes.

On 03/10/2020 at 08:35, Bert Raccoon said:

Beardy c**t in the Nationwide adverts 

On 03/10/2020 at 11:57, spud131 said:
On 03/10/2020 at 08:35, Bert Raccoon said:
Beardy c**t in the Nationwide adverts 

Was just coming on to complain about some hipster looking burd doing some poetry about getting a free bit of cake. Get yourself to f**k!

There must be a factory somewhere churning out these annoying c***s.

Not so much a pish advert but more the fact it annoys me. The Dairy Milk one with the wee dicks that keep kicking stuff in the guys garden then eventually give him a bar of chocolate. Chocolate or no chocolate, you're a bunch of wee dicks.

Spoiler

In fairness I used to always boot my football over the fence and off my neighbours greenhouse but the point still stands 

Not so much a pish advert but more the fact it annoys me. The Dairy Milk one with the wee dicks that keep kicking stuff in the guys garden then eventually give him a bar of chocolate. Chocolate or no chocolate, you're a bunch of wee dicks.

Spoiler

In fairness I used to always boot my football over the fence and off my neighbours greenhouse but the point still stands 

Don't be so heartless it's a nice advert.

On 11/10/2020 at 19:13, jimmy boo said:
On 11/10/2020 at 17:26, Bert Raccoon said:

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

Don't be so heartless it's a nice advert.

Knowing the kids I grew up around, I'd automatically assume it had been laced with dugshite.

Speaking of which - that Andrex advert that features nothing but a series of close-ups of arses. Bad enough, until they decide to finish on the horrifying image of a labrador puppy that doesn't have an anus  :o

Going back to the OP, WTF is going on with the GoCompare adverts these days? So far this year, they seem to be less concerned with highlighting their service, and more with promoting the singing career of yon fat Welsh laddie. I kept expecting an 'AVAILABLE FOR BIRTHDAYS & BAR MITZVAHS' banner to appear during the latest one.

Does he own the company now or something?

• 4 weeks later...

From his IMDb biog: "Quirky, uncensored, and idiosyncratic, actor Muzz Khan is quickly becoming known in the entertainment industry for the characters he has brought to life on screen. From television, film, theater, and music, Khan proves time and time again that he can do it all."  :yucky

I hope they're paying him enough to live on for life. The response to his appearance in anything from now on will surely be, "aw, not that Asda c**t".

Every advert I've seen for the new iPhone consists of "ooh, it's so exciting to open the box!" or "everyone will be so jealous that you have one!"

Is that genuinely all that it takes to sell these things? The latest one adds the clinching "you can watch an animation of Rita Ora that looks like it came from a late Nineties video game, and she isn't naked".

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Is that genuinely all that it takes to sell these things

You do know that the people who buy them aren't very clever don't you? 

Starting the clock ;)

• 2 weeks later...