Pish Adverts

The run up to Christmas is a key time for people sprucing up their houses so furniture and decorating materials sales are good in the last quarter of the year. I guess it does have a lot to with people trying to impress their seasonal visitors. A good tidy up and some strategically placed decorations have always been enough for me.
I'm not buying that. I detest all Christmas ads especially the ones that start months before the big non event itself.

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
11 hours ago, Northboy said:
The run up to Christmas is a key time for people sprucing up their houses so furniture and decorating materials sales are good in the last quarter of the year. I guess it does have a lot to with people trying to impress their seasonal visitors. A good tidy up and some strategically placed decorations have always been enough for me.

I'm not buying that. I detest all Christmas ads especially the ones that start months before the big non event itself.

Early Xmas tree.jpg

On 07/09/2020 at 17:50, Bert Raccoon said:

Glad everyone else feels the same about the annoying Asda c**t.

I get the feeling he's  in admin or a manager. Same kinda p***ks do our work promos, stuff regular staff would tell the producers to stick up their arses.

Slightly concerned that The Eye thinks anyone might actually be convinced that those commercials are anything other than a cynical campaign devised by a multinational's advertising team.

Or am I giving the general population too much credit there?

On 06/09/2020 at 02:04, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Purple fucking Bp***ks

In their taekwondo advert, the estate agent describes the garage as “6 by 4”. It’s clearly bigger than 6 x 4 feet, but nowhere near 6 x 4 metres. So 6 by 4 what?

On 08/09/2020 at 16:50, Funky Nosejob said:

Volvo outdoing John Lewis by ruining Steppenwolf’s “Born To Be Wild” in their latest advert. 
Can’t wait for someone to bland down The Prodigy’s “Breathe” in order to sell decongestant. 

O2 have somehow managed to bland down the already very bland “You and Me Song” by The Wannadies in their latest advert. Did they think the original version was too challenging for their target demographic or what?

2 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

O2 have somehow managed to bland down the already very bland “You and Me Song” by The Wannadies in their latest advert. Did they think the original version was too challenging for their target demographic or what?

The chorus was quite loud and (IIRC) used some of those nasty distorted guitars.

Imagine if someone's grandma was eating soup and choked when that came on. Best for everyone to get those edges shaved off.

7 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Slightly concerned that The Eye thinks anyone might actually be convinced that those commercials are anything other than a cynical campaign devised by a multinational's advertising team.

Or am I giving the general population too much credit there?

How can you ask that when Ant and Dec win the Best Entertainers award every fucking year?