Pish Adverts

20 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Do the Navy only take people from the North of England?

Speaking of the Navy, there's a poster in Hillhead Subway station for the Navy showing a burd in uniform pu... no can't say that, a woman doing a thing with some other Navy pals. At the top there's a quote saying "When I was 14, all I thought about was myself - now I'm part of a team"

What the f**k are we expecting of 14 year olds where the appropriate response to that is to get them in the armed forces?

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Speaking of the Navy, there's a poster in Hillhead Subway station for the Navy showing a burd in uniform pu... no can't say that, a woman doing a thing with some other Navy pals. At the top there's a quote saying "When I was 14, all I thought about was myself - now I'm part of a team"

What the f**k are we expecting of 14 year olds where the appropriate response to that is to get them in the armed forces?

If you're the sort of arsehole that has no other interests than yourself when you are 14, you're the sort of arsehole that deserves to join the navy

The Tampon Ad (staged TV chat show) ‘You gotta stuff it right up there girls’ or some such tag line? Let’s retain at least some decorum ladies please, are there no personal boundaries any more ffs!?[emoji15]

The Tampon Ad (staged TV chat show) ‘You gotta stuff it right up there girls’ or some such tag line? Let’s retain at least some decorum ladies please, are there no personal boundaries any more ffs!?[emoji15]
The worst part of that ad (and it is terrible) is the second lassie who is on the sofa with the "host" who doesn't actually say or do anything apart from meekly put her hand up then smiles at the end of the "show". No doubt she was told this would be her big break into TV as well...

17 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
23 hours ago, Clockwork said:
The Tampon Ad (staged TV chat show) ‘You gotta stuff it right up there girls’ or some such tag line? Let’s retain at least some decorum ladies please, are there no personal boundaries any more ffs!?emoji15.png

The worst part of that ad (and it is terrible) is the second lassie who is on the sofa with the "host" who doesn't actually say or do anything apart from meekly put her hand up 

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

Submarine Service careers advert:

"I've trained on kit that doesn't officially exist... Completed missions that never happened... and been places you won't find on a map."

There's a guy drinks in our pub who talks like that. We just humour him. "Huv ye, aye?" and turn away.

The Confused.com adverts where they have a guy talking about how free doesn't mean free any more, because there's always a string attached.

This is to advertise their Confused.com rewards, which of course provides something free only if you buy their product in the first place, therefore making it have just as many strings attached as the other things the guy mentions.

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Has anyone else seen the post-Brexit Britain advert that has suddenly appeared?

The one that lectures people in weirdly specific professions about how it's all done and dusted now, so they need to pull their fingers out and make everything a success?

If it's the one I'm thinking about, it absolutely reeks of desperation, and has an undercurrent of, "we've no clue how we're going to manage this, so you plebs had better get on with it, or you're going to be fucked".

• 4 weeks later...