Pish Adverts

On a brighter note, I've read the last couple of pages of this thread, and only one of those ads mentioned rings a bell - the cat/dog one. Be it streaming telly, watching catch-up, or actually just doing shit away from the tv, I must be doing something right.

48 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I wouldn't give the RSPCA the steam off my dug's shite. Officious cúnts with very little legal standing* - couldn't getinto the Police, even as a PCSO or Special? Join the RSPCA and we'll give you just the costume to suit your holier than thou, officious attitude.

The organisation is more concerned with punishing people (which is actually the Police's job) than making the lives of animals better. You don't see them protesting battery farms or hunts, though. Self-important cúnts.

Sure, there's cruelty to animals out there, because - hold the front page - a lot of folks are stupid, ignorant, or cruel. Thing is, there's a fair bit of abuse handed out to our own kind too, be it kids, women or even men. Let's fix that shit first, eh?

*If you check those Ch5 style documentaries like "On the Furry Front Line" or "Doggy Liberation", there's always a copper somewhere in the background - who actually has the right to access private property - to legitimise the moral crusaders in brown an their strident demands.

^^^ reported for kicking his dug when Killie get tanned

23 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Sure, there's cruelty to animals out there, because - hold the front page - a lot of folks are stupid, ignorant, or cruel. Thing is, there's a fair bit of abuse handed out to our own kind too, be it kids, women or even men. Let's fix that shit first, eh?

so there should only be charities that deal with "major" issues

so there should only be charities that deal with "major" issues
Nope. Just let's think about priorities, eh?
I'm not sure you can put some jakeball starving his Staffies because he's got bored with them and, to pluck a name from thousands, Ian Huntley on the same level.

9 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Nope. Just let's think about priorities, eh?
I'm not sure you can put some jakeball starving his Staffies because he's got bored with them and, to pluck a name from thousands, Ian Huntley on the same level.

Just as well there are two different groups dealing with those things, eh?

Where do you draw the line? Should police stop investigating burglaries and muggings because there are unsolved murders out there?

This will likely earn me the scorn of the P&B readership*, if not the full-on OFTW branding, but I like the Haribo adverts with adults lip-synching to what kids have said. Especially the one with the two polis in the car.

*Not for the first time.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

This will likely earn me the scorn of the P&B readership*, if not the full-on OFTW branding, but I like the Haribo adverts with adults lip-synching to what kids have said. Especially the one with the two polis in the car.

*Not for the first time.

You have earned my scorn. That advert makes my fucking skin crawl.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Factory Direct Inverurie, only for viewers in Grampian. Genuinely makes me want to rip my eyes out and ears off every time it comes on. 

I struggle with this advert too - it's very difficult to portray the local company/service position without coming across as parochial.  I can assure you that their Inverurie showroom bears absolutely no resemblance to what you see in the advert. Close your eyes and try and imagine what it's like from the sound only and you'll probably conjure up a pretty realistic image.

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The VW Golf advert with Martin Kemp and some other twat.  The fines from that emissions scandal must really be starting to cause VW to tighten their belts if that's the best they can afford.

Pretty sure that twat is his son. Twat Snr & Twat Jnr.