Pish Adverts

There’s an advert I keep seeing on Youtube for a company called Trainpal.

The advert features an absolute tosser with a wee w****r haircut who starts out by saying “Hey guys, I want to tell you about this totally sick app!”.

f**k off. He’s clearly a wee toff trying to act cool and failing horribly.

Also it’s the same service/thing as Split Ticket.

On 13/10/2019 at 19:46, Savage Henry said:

They really believe their customers are scumbags, don’t they? That advert rubs me up the wrong way something rotten.

The same thing goes for the Asda advert where the guy is cooking up a big family dinner and he puts a wee herb on the top of it. The woman says something like "Parsley?! Are we expecting the Queen or summat?"

It's a fucking basic wee herb you can buy a whole plant of for about 50p, not beluga caviar.

What's going on with these Shen Yun adverts on YouTube? It appears to be some Chinese musical play, but the adverts are full of American talking heads weeping about finding God, and the professions attributed to them are all the stuff of Fox News masturbation materials (pastor, military veteran, kindergarten teacher, etc).

Bit confusing, as it reeks of Christian propaganda, but I wouldn't have thought they'd be big on traditional Chinese dance  :unsure:

The Santander ads where for £9.99 a month they will send you a brick a day.

A house brick at B&Q costs between 50p and £1.00. And that before postage. So a brick a day for thirty days is between £15 and £30 + postage

Not only a shit advert with the Geordie arseholes but someone has seriously fucked up on the arithmetic as this would bankrupt Santander

A house brick at B&Q costs between 50p and £1.00. And that before postage. So a brick a day for thirty days is between £15 and £30 + postage

Not only a shit advert with the Geordie arseholes but someone has seriously fucked up on the arithmetic as this would bankrupt Santander
I don't think they are.going down B&Q to buy their bricks

16 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

We can always hope.

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 09:26, BigFatTabbyDave said:

What's going on with these Shen Yun adverts on YouTube? It appears to be some Chinese musical play, but the adverts are full of American talking heads weeping about finding God, and the professions attributed to them are all the stuff of Fox News masturbation materials (pastor, military veteran, kindergarten teacher, etc).

Bit confusing, as it reeks of Christian propaganda, but I wouldn't have thought they'd be big on traditional Chinese dance  :unsure:

Went to see this at the Playhouse at the beginning of this year.

Turns out a little bit of traditional Chinese dance goes a long way....

Scottish government ad on antibiotics. They've decided that it takes a cartoon and a little song to stop people taking antibiotics for the likes of a hangover. Probably says more about their target audience than most of society, but does anyone really not know about antibiotic resistance these days?

17 hours ago, Estragon said:

Went to see this at the Playhouse at the beginning of this year.

Turns out a little bit of traditional Chinese dance goes a long way....

And twenty minutes after you've watched some Chinese dance you want to see some more...

I've just seen an advert for Tesco Clubcard Plus - a loathsome concept in itself, a supermarket charging you a subscription to save money on a supermarket's products - where the closing scene of Casablanca is redubbed with a voiceover about it. 
Not seen the advert but the product would be a definite for us as we usually do a couple of big shops a month so the 10% off would be perfect but as it's only available for an in store shop then its useless as we aways shop online.

22 hours ago, thefootballgambler said:

So many contenders for pish adverts at the moment.

But any that have a sing along do my nut in.

Especially that Birdseye frozen veg advert.  Eat in full colour, its a healthy thing to do. 

Plus how come Captain Birdseye has gone from being an 80 year old salty sea dog who has probably seen off more prozzies than our Antipodean  Dundonian lorry driver to being a 50 year old c**t?