Pish Adverts

Could people link to what they're talking about please? Some of us are televisually challenged, but wish to stay up-to-date with the utter contempt in which advertising companies hold the general population.

I was reminded of this today and decided to share it as I am a b*****d.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

There's an advert on the radio for Vauxhall vans just now that practically screams "we know our customer base are racist gammons"

You'll be driving a Great Brit van my son! Get in!!!

f**k off mate.

Vauxhall have fair ramped up the Britishness of their advertising in the past 12-18 months. 

French owned though.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Vauxhall have fair ramped up the Britishness of their advertising in the past 12-18 months. 

French owned though.

In the 2010 General Election the BNP's election leaflets carried a picture of a Spitfire, no doubt to show that Britain is best and doesn't need the help of Johnny Foreigner. 

It was later pointed out that the one they'd used was from a Polish squadron.

These Lloyds 'comedians'.
Not sure if it's the same ones you mean but Nationwide have 'stand up comedians' on their adverts just now. I'm pretty sure Nationwide are on a crusade to get as many shite adverts out in a row as possible, from the poetry, to the annoying singing sisters to rubbish stand up comedians!

On 24/08/2019 at 09:39, Bert Raccoon said:

The new Nationwide adverts with the awful stand up comedians. They're clearly just trolling us now.

I've just seen one of those for the first time.  I have a hard time those people are real comedians.

The Feelgood Friday Lottery where the older woman "winner" waves a wad of notes around to show her extreme happiness.  Reality is it looks like someone's put her Japanese Love Eggs on to max vibration and she's just waiting for the dam to burst.

reference to JLEs comes from grainy "foreign" films a mate used to talk about  😶

Checkmyfile.com, another of those companies that check your credit rating. They claim that other companies only give you a one-dimensional report and show a guy walking along the street where all the people are cardboard cutouts. So that would be two-dimensional then?

Edited by GordonD

• 3 weeks later...

Being off on paternity has exposed me to more daytime TV and the adverts on STV are unreal. So cheap and tacky, the one for Jan Stewart prams couldn't sound more like someone reading a script badly but the one that takes the biscuit is some shitty cgi take on the three pigs story for a Windows company with the guy half singing half reading a poem that doesn't rhyme.

Utterly utterly horrendous.

• 2 weeks later...