Pish Adverts

The British Airways advert with every remotely famous British person you can imagine.

It’s just totally nauseating, British exceptionalism pish which is the last thing I want to hear.

I especially hate the line where they go on about the stuff we do and then say “but you don’t shout about it” and “It’s not in your nature” wtf? We go on about our achievements as much as anyone else and if nothing else, Brexit is one massive fucking shout out to how exceptional Britain thinks it is.

On 09/03/2019 at 19:43, GordonD said:

Beagle Street insurance, who boast that they pay out on every valid claim.

Am I missing something, or are they implying that there are some insurance companies who don't pay out on valid claims?

Is Beagle Street the one with the wifie who mentally bully’s the boyfriend into sorting out his insurance immediately? I wonder if she’s insured against accidental pie booting incidents.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

The British Airways advert with every remotely famous British person you can imagine.

It’s just totally nauseating, British exceptionalism pish which is the last thing I want to hear.

I especially hate the line where they go on about the stuff we do and then say “but you don’t shout about it” and “It’s not in your nature” wtf? We go on about our achievements as much as anyone else and if nothing else, Brexit is one massive fucking shout out to how exceptional Britain thinks it is.

It's a horrendous advert. By 'Britain' they mean 'England, but not the north of England'.

It's sickening bullshit. If they were honest then they'd go on about racism, selfishness and arrogance instead of "haha! tea! chortle!".

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's a horrendous advert. By 'Britain' they mean 'England, but not the north of England'.

It's sickening bullshit. If they were honest then they'd go on about racism, selfishness and arrogance instead of "haha! tea! chortle!".

Yeah, definitely this as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All betting adverts treat their customers as morons, but the Paddy Power one with the mixed sex football team talk is basically saying, “our audience are semi literate TalkSport” listeners who regard the entire world as PC-gone-mad.

The latest Barclays Bank advert with a sweaty bloke in a petrol station who has forgotten his pin for his card.

Suddenly he remembers that his bank app can send him a pin reminder, the problem is, he has to put a pin into the app to retrieve the information.

Perhaps if he laid off the Ginsters it wouldn't have diverted him from remembering in the first place.

On 02/05/2019 at 22:35, Zen Archer said:

The latest Barclays Bank advert with a sweaty bloke in a petrol station who has forgotten his pin for his card.

Suddenly he remembers that his bank app can send him a pin reminder, the problem is, he has to put a pin into the app to retrieve the information.

Perhaps if he laid off the Ginsters it wouldn't have diverted him from remembering in the first place.

Barclays' latest adverts all seem to be about technology coming up with clever solutions to problems that don't actually exist.

The previous one was that tall burd with a haircut that looks like a watermelon who's currently in an EE advert with Kevin Bacon. She's on a bus going to a class reunion but, oh no! She can't find her bank card. She must have lost it. Get the phone out and freeze it in case it's stolen. Oh hold on it's in a different pocket. Unfreeze the card. f**k off. 

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I feel like Nationwide know they're winding folk up with their wankers doing poetry schtick but it really is time for them to stop before someone ends up torching one of their branches.

Well, they've got at least two years to do it.