Rick and Morty.

Pars fan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 13/07/2021 at 18:20, Mr. Brightside said:

This season has been v poor. I did enjoy Mr Nimbus a bit though.

He was fine. I'm watching the sperm one right now and it might be one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

He was fine. I'm watching the sperm one right now and it much be one of the worst things I've ever seen.

I haven't seen that but it does not sound promising. Last episode I saw was the one with Alison Brie, which I think could've been good a few seasons ago.

It hasn't been good since season 3 has it?

ETA: I will say that Jerry being an immortal wooden doll thing was pretty haunting, but again would've been done better a couple of season back.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

12 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

This season has been v poor. I did enjoy Mr Nimbus a bit though.

I enjoyed some of S4 but it wasn't as consistent as the previous ones. I realise it's a high level to fall from but it's remarkable how bad it's gone in so few episodes.

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I didn't know there were new ones. Not worth bothering with, then?

The first two are alright, the third was so forgettable I don't remember what it was and the fourth was so bad it's genuinely not worth talking about.

I thought Mr nimbus should have been played by Jeff goldblum,
The captain planet piss take was sort of spot on what would happen if you gave an eco warrior super powers.
The sperm one appears to be aiming at the lowest baseline in the fan base.
I'm interested enough to see where they want this to go, it's obvious they are trying to avoid fan appeasement by going bat crap insane, I seriously expect the last episode to be just rick watching cable and its the episodes

• 3 weeks later...

Dan Harmon hates his audience. The guy deliberately goes out of his way to do stuff for shock value rather than because it's going to entertain people. Season 4 was mostly terrible and season 5 hasnt came close to the heights of the first 2 seasons. I think it'll be cancelled long before they ever fulfil their contracted number of shows. Shame because it used to be absolutely brilliant.

See when they do episodes like yesterday's, they hit the right spot. A storyline heavy episode and it included one throwaway line that wasn't dwelled upon but changes the whole dynamic of the series completely.

Edited by djchapsticks

On 06/08/2021 at 08:36, BallochSonsFan said:

Dan Harmon hates his audience. The guy deliberately goes out of his way to do stuff for shock value rather than because it's going to entertain people. Season 4 was mostly terrible and season 5 hasnt came close to the heights of the first 2 seasons. I think it'll be cancelled long before they ever fulfil their contracted number of shows. Shame because it used to be absolutely brilliant.

In a way, it's hard to blame him.

Rick and Morty is (or rather was) a brilliant show. 

The most vocal fans though are fucking insufferable at best and outright abusive at worst.