Musselburgh Athletic 2015-2016

TheHonestLad

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't see that one coming!!

Nitten fans though - ha ha, lose with some dignity please!!

Of particular amusement was a couple of guys who watched The Burgh a few years back gurning about the penalty as we were leaving, one of their clan was out last night, the other couldn't get near said penalty.

Thought Gibby had a guid game last night.

Michael hunter been realeased, Our captain Kevin McDonald realeased, Eck Christie asked to leave. No idea why but this I what I'm hearing. That now leaves us with two players from last years final squad, both who have asked to leave the club. What the hell is going on at Musselburgh, the club has never been in a stronger position financially and with its status as a big club. Musselburgh were 12/1 at the start of the season to win the title and after just 3 games are now 100s. The players brought in have been appalling, I can never remember seeing as week a playing squad as this. Mcglyn spent years developing an exciting brand of football and it seems to have been replaced by some form of kick and press bottom 3 mentality tactics. Very very worrying times for Musselburgh fans.

Michael hunter been realeased, Our captain Kevin McDonald realeased, Eck Christie asked to leave. No idea why but this I what I'm hearing. That now leaves us with two players from last years final squad, both who have asked to leave the club. What the hell is going on at Musselburgh, the club has never been in a stronger position financially and with its status as a big club. Musselburgh were 12/1 at the start of the season to win the title and after just 3 games are now 100s. The players brought in have been appalling, I can never remember seeing as week a playing squad as this. Mcglyn spent years developing an exciting brand of football and it seems to have been replaced by some form of kick and press bottom 3 mentality tactics. Very very worrying times for Musselburgh fans.

Give us a clue. When did you leave the club? If your who I think you are, your letting yourself down badly. If you've nothing good to say - SHUT IT.

- Not sure where you get the financial info from - but feel free to list every year since 1934 with the balance just so that everyone can judge for themselves

- Status as a big club? What are you basing that on?

- 12/1 to win the league - I really hope you backed the 66/1 current leader or the 66/1 3rd place team. Or even took the 5/1 to win at Nitten which we were on Wednesday.

- as regards to the players brought in, 'appalling' really? The left back looks to be the best we have had in my time watching them, Jamieson will score and create goals, Palizcka, McLeish, gibby have a wealth of experience and medals.

Oh aye and the goalie Murray - Was he appalling on Wednesday night? He will be one of our best keepers if he progresses and gets regular games this season. If you are judging signings you have to throw in Bev and Darren etc from last season as well.

- Davie left a year ago, with an unbelievable record and Stevie has kept that going. I should point out to balance your slighty biased view that under McLeish we have:

Reached the Scottish Junior Cup final 2 MONTHS ago

Secured another season in the Super league

Secured a 1st double league win over Bonnyrigg

First league win at Newtongrange in 5 years.

First league clean sheet at Newtongange in over 20 years (as far back as my record book goes)

first cup win in 90 minutes at Linlithgow

Scored in 28 of the 29 games so far in 2015

Not too sure what folk were expecting but it's not been a bad year!

Good luck to the lads today - very tough game, Mon the burgh!

Archived