Killie v Berwick

Yellow Feet

Slater was indeed fantastic, amazing what a player who has confidence in his own ability can do, need him signed up pronto. After a very nervy first 10 minutes we controlled the game. Ohara also looked confident and sprayed some great passes.

Realistically we could've had 6 or 7. Berwick keeper made a couple of awesome saves and there were a few blocks off the line. We hit the post, the bar and missed a few sitters.

Berwicks goal was a peach and Higgys was one of the best you'll see from a killie player.

Think when colin cameron went off Berwick missed something in middle. Very cool head still.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Splaine have a good game?

Anyone got a link to Higgy's goal? Sounds like a peach.

Splaine was decent. He was really lively on the ball and always tried to make things happen, although that did also mean that he tried to force it sometimes and gave it away quite a lot. He reminded me of Jude Winchester, who I always had high hopes for, but who fizzled away.

How many in the away end?

I think they announced that it was 40. Pretty noisy bunch though, especially when you scored.

Jesus. Thought there would be more, though not an ideal trip for a midweek. I'd have went but would have had to have driven there and back alone because of where I work.

50ish isn't too bad going from Berwick to Killie on a Tuesday night. Decent away crowd, given the circumstances.

Plus 3 in the Killie stand. Took 3 & 3/4 hours to get there cos I made the mistake of taking the A71 due to an accident at Hermiston Gait. Advice for anyone travelling to Killie if we ever draw them again - you'd be better walking there with a sumo strapped to your back than taking the A71.Brutal road.

As for the game, no question Killie deserved to win it. I was disappointed that Walters did'nt feature in goal after an impressive debut on Saturday, but Walker produced some brilliant saves including a miracle one to keep out a Boyd header. Colin Cameron was the second best keeper on the pitch. For all the doom amd gloom about Killie's hammering by Ross County, they played some good stuff last night. Impressed by No.14 and Slater. As for us,, we started really well and Killie had problems coping with the hard running of our front 3, Lavery, Henderson and particularly McKenna, but the softest of penalties - one that we just don't get awarded - changed the complexion of the game. Killie stepped up a gear and from that point dominated the rest of the half.The second period started slowly until Lavery scored a stunner, wriggling his way across the edge of the box before walloping a low left footer past the keeper. That was the cue for Killie to lay siege, and we eventually cracked, though Boyd was a mile offside when Slater finished their 3rd. Higginbotham rounded things off with a goal of the season contender. Despite the scoreline, we were neat and tidy throughout and the manager deserves credit for putting an attacking line-up on the park.

Still not sure the midfield diamond makes th best use of Finn Graham, though I liked the way the wee man went for it last night - reminds me of Davy Watt with added skill. Dwayne Coultress had a superb opening half hour then faded from view. The manager played well again and got a generous round of applause from a sporting home crowd when he went off (as did Graham). It says much about his influence that we lost our defensive shape after he left the park. We need a long-term solution for that particular problem. We won't play teams of Killie's quality in the league, which is a relief, but I think we're good enough to make decent fist of the league campaign, unless we're playing East Fife. Would like to have seen a couple of extra bodies in before the deadline but looking unlikely now.

Good luck to Killie in the next round.

Disclaimer: the following points are merely observations, I acknowledge Kilmarnock won and would have won regardless.

Firstly, penalty? No.

post-49846-14406171523802_thumb.jpg

Secondly, given the new rule introduced this season, offside? Yes.

post-49846-14406172476782_thumb.jpg

Controversy aside, your fourth goal was beautiful.

Archived