Sign in to follow this  
Parscelona

Dunfermline v Dundee (League Cup - 2nd Round)

Faz is on loan to us and can't sign for anyone else. Sorry.

Only worry is that PSG patch Cavani and they recall Fais to play behind Zlatan #DareToFais

To be fair to Dundee they are a good footballing side. However Sean Murdoch summoned the ghost of Ryan Scully so you were doomed. Best goalkeeping performance since Ian Westwater against Hearts in 1997.

Wow, was not expecting that. Not only was that a quite superb result for us, that was a terrific performance. Absolutely no failures in our team whatsoever.

We started off brilliantly and really went at Dundee, and I felt we deserved our lead when it came. We were on top in the opening 25 minutes but Dundee, as you'd expect, came more into it and began to dominate the ball. Harkins was really unlucky with his effort that hit the bar.

The goal for Dundee was well worked - a clever dummy before it reached Hemmings - but I'm not entirely sure where our marking was at. To be fair, thereafter Dundee really turned the screw and Sean Murdoch kept us in it with a few really good saves.

But you're always going to need a bit of luck against a team in a higher division, and what a great assist from Paton for Cardle's goal, although it seemed to take an age to go in! It was a great break, feet and finish from Faissal for his second, and he finished the opener really well too.

We had to play a lot of the game without the ball but the fitness levels and they way they did that were excellent. Even without Thomson and Loy, that was a good Dundee team but to a man, our team gave absolutely everything. I couldn't pick out an individual but certainly Murdoch, El Bakhtaoui, Cardle and Geggan for me were stand outs.

Good support down from Dundee too for the game. They were slow to get going but our team should take a lot of credit for that, but I think they'll have a good season in the league. Absolutely delighted.

He's been at pars since 2012 will be playing in top div next season !!! Loan

Edited by Wasps1

Nae apology for not fully naming the Dundee defender on updates btw. On mobile, time is of the essence.

Faissal is actually has a little known, but prolific criminal record since arriving here, by law he is not allowed to leave Dunfermline (aside from in a professional capacity) for at least another 2 years, sorry folks.

:blink: why wouldn't he be?

Because they will get shown up to be average and when it becomes abundantly clear that he has no plan b, Dundee will start slipping towards relegation, the board will panic and pull the trigger in time for the January sales :)

Because they will get shown up to be average and when it becomes abundantly clear that he has no plan b, Dundee will start slipping towards relegation, the board will panic and pull the trigger in time for the January sales :)

Go and enjoy your giant killing and stop havering pish.

Congrats Dunfermline. Thought you would have done it last night. Also had a feeling we would have did the same to Hamilton. Hopefully get a meeting with you later in this cup or possibly the Scottish cup.

You lot are finally doing what you really should have been doing in your first season down there, never mind your third.

Congrats again though.

A very good result against one of the better teams from the SPL. Although a lot of us thought it possible it's still a surprise result.

Great response after a disappointing trip to Peterhead at weekend.

Hopefully we can get Fais to sign an extension and can get a well deserved fee for him come January or the summer.

Congrats Dunfermline. Thought you would have done it last night. Also had a feeling we would have did the same to Hamilton. Hopefully get a meeting with you later in this cup or possibly the Scottish cup.

You lot are finally doing what you really should have been doing in your first season down there, never mind your third.

Congrats again though.

Raging that the Rover's result over an SPL side is in the shadows over DAFC's result.

Dundee guys have taken it very well. I suppose it's not that long since you were losing at East End on league business so there's probably a bit of conditioning to defeats at East End.

I thought Harkins was joy to watch for long spells. Not seen a player like that in League One. I don't know if it was tiredness or simply the amount of guys we threw forward but the Dundee defence just fell apart at the end. The Pars front four (plus the two subs) have been a treat to watch this season.