Dunfermline v Dundee (League Cup - 2nd Round)

Parscelona

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical Dundee. Fair play to the Pars better team first half and played some nice sharp stuff while we never really looked like we had a cutting edge, second half I feel we should have had the game buried but Dunfermline keep digging away and an excellent counter attack leads to a goal and we are sucker punched. Honestly can't remeber Bain being called into action before the goal in that half? Felt like it after the derby and feel like it again that the story of our season is going to be our inability to finish the ball off and we are going to come away with very disappointing results and in the end a disappointing season. The wee striker up front for Pars was electric, sharp on the ball and great pace. Has noone tried to pinch him? Seems to score a fair few.

That was brutal. Fair play to Dunfermline they looked organised and took me by surprise. The blame has to lie at Hartley's door in my opinion I'm afraid. This wing back pish is

good in theory but just doesn't work for me.

Correct, for that to work you also need two capable wing backs which neither of ours are. There's no plan b with Hartley, a squad of similar type players so we have to plug away for 90mins without being able to change much. When we did up the ante second half they were there for the taking but sloppy crosses and finishing came back to haunt us. Also our defence is fucking horrendous and still no pace in the team! Get it sorted Hartley.....unconvinced!!

Typical Dundee. Fair play to the Pars better team first half and played some nice sharp stuff while we never really looked like we had a cutting edge, second half I feel we should have had the game buried but Dunfermline keep digging away and an excellent counter attack leads to a goal and we are sucker punched. Honestly can't remeber Bain being called into action before the goal in that half? Felt like it after the derby and feel like it again that the story of our season is going to be our inability to finish the ball off and we are going to come away with very disappointing results and in the end a disappointing season. The wee striker up front for Pars was electric, sharp on the ball and great pace. Has noone tried to pinch him? Seems to score a fair few.

Tonight was the reverse of so many of our games last season - huffed and puffed but couldn't score then caught with counter attacks. The striker with the pink boots is now on 11 goals for the season. Showed signs of improvement (playing in a poor team) late last season and is doing well playing as an out and out striker. He seems to be able to knock big defenders off balance and hits the ball so cleanly - usually low and close to the keeper. His second goal probably typifies what he's about - good balance, calm and a crisp finish. Jim Jefferies found him playing futsal on the beach in St Tropez. Hadn't played 11 a side before.

Dundee have underestimated us, big time. Yes, we play in League 1, but our strongest team is very capable with competing with very good teams in this country. We also have an exceptionally talented young manager in charge.

On to the next round now, is it seeded again?

COYP.

Competed well last year. HaHa. There's fck all won in August.

The wee striker up front for Pars was electric, sharp on the ball and great pace. Has noone tried to pinch him? Seems to score a fair few.

That's 11 goals in 6 games this season for Faze :-)

To be honest he wasn't as good last season but AJ has him playing brilliantly just now.

Would be worth a punt to someone in my opinion....

That was good... really fucking good.

Strong performance throughout as a collective unit and individuals, it was obvious we'd need to weather the storm at times and we did that very well, defence and midfield restricted dundee and murdoch saved what did get past them. Can't see a failure in the team, defence held strong and the front 4 made the right decisions throughout to take advantage of our limited possession. Evem hoppy looked good jogging ten yards before turning around :).

Finnie was absolutely useless, says alot about him that he was booed off after a win like tonight. To him, Hartley and Stewart, GET IT FUCKING UP YE.

To be fair to Dundee they are a good footballing side. However Sean Murdoch summoned the ghost of Ryan Scully so you were doomed. Best goalkeeping performance since Ian Westwater against Hearts in 1997.

Wow, was not expecting that. Not only was that a quite superb result for us, that was a terrific performance. Absolutely no failures in our team whatsoever.

We started off brilliantly and really went at Dundee, and I felt we deserved our lead when it came. We were on top in the opening 25 minutes but Dundee, as you'd expect, came more into it and began to dominate the ball. Harkins was really unlucky with his effort that hit the bar.

The goal for Dundee was well worked - a clever dummy before it reached Hemmings - but I'm not entirely sure where our marking was at. To be fair, thereafter Dundee really turned the screw and Sean Murdoch kept us in it with a few really good saves.

But you're always going to need a bit of luck against a team in a higher division, and what a great assist from Paton for Cardle's goal, although it seemed to take an age to go in! It was a great break, feet and finish from Faissal for his second, and he finished the opener really well too.

We had to play a lot of the game without the ball but the fitness levels and they way they did that were excellent. Even without Thomson and Loy, that was a good Dundee team but to a man, our team gave absolutely everything. I couldn't pick out an individual but certainly Murdoch, El Bakhtaoui, Cardle and Geggan for me were stand outs.

Good support down from Dundee too for the game. They were slow to get going but our team should take a lot of credit for that, but I think they'll have a good season in the league. Absolutely delighted.

Archived