Partick Thistle v Falkirk - League Cup Second Round

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good battling performance. Defence won everything, midfield won every tackle and ran all night and Baird hold up play was excellent. Plus Peter Grant at 25/1 FGS made tonight a very happy one Would take another struggling Premiership team away again in the next round. Quite fancy Killie.

That was Blair Alston's best performance for years, he was everywhere as usual but he was class on the ball as well and created the majority of our openings. He linked superbly with Baird at times. Baird buying the cheap fouls holding the ball up was a joy to watch. Smith was very good in the second half I felt and Watson/Grant is a classy pairing at the back.

Thistle were terrible all over the park. If Killie get rid of Locke quickly they could be in deep deep trouble.

Pre-match Kingsley told me "yous have got John Baird, we've got nothing to fear". GIRUY

Credit where credit's due...

Brilliant performance tonight with Houston getting his tactics spot on.

Not a failure on the park, Baird and Taiwo immense, also thought Kerr put in a decent shift. Peter Grant, how long will we be able to keep him.

That was a really inspiring performance and a great support who were very vocal throughout.

Happy days, gritty performance with everyone playing their part, a good solid physical contest. Well done!

That's more like it!

Really good performance from us tonight. We were no doubt helped by a very poor Thistle team who look destined to struggle this season.

It could have been different if Pogba had taken his chance but fortunately for us he didn't.

Fifers in the next round?! COYB

Falkirk looked pretty well organised and were great at chasing us down in packs, but by and large we were so ponderous that the game could still be going on and, if anything, Baird would've bagged a goal that his performance would have merited.

Starting to worry a little bit now for the rest of the season. Friend of mine suggested the possibility of us meeting again in the playoffs - f**k having to sit through us performing like that again. :unsure2:

That was utterly dreadful.

People were saying Amoo would be better than Higgy ffs! The guy is an absolute sand dancer.

I missed a ton of games at the end of last season but in the ones I saw Calum Booth looked every inch a Raith Rovers standard player. Him and Miller are 1st division standard.

For the money he is earning, a handful of good games from Stevenson over the last year has been simply unacceptable.

Pogba was the only positive. Played well despite Seaborne feeding him hopeless punts all night.

Felt we had to win that given we've not won yet and are in the midst of a tough run with an International break. Looks like a rot is going to set in. Mark Kerr looked like fuckin Xavi.

That was utterly dreadful.

People were saying Amoo would be better than Higgy ffs! The guy is an absolute sand dancer.

I missed a ton of games at the end of last season but in the ones I saw Calum Booth looked every inch a Raith Rovers standard player. Him and Miller are 1st division standard.

For the money he is earning, a handful of good games from Stevenson over the last year has been simply unacceptable.

Pogba was the only positive. Played well despite Seaborne feeding him hopeless punts all night.

Felt we had to win that given we've not won yet and are in the midst of a tough run with an International break. Looks like a rot is going to set in. Mark Kerr looked like fuckin Xavi.

Wouldn't take Booth back, seems like you've turned him to being incredibly sh*te. Plus we already have an outstanding left back at the minute anyway. So he'd be back-up if anything.

That's my favourite quote about Falkirk since my friend said "It was like watching Brazil" when Farid and Higgy were linking up.

I would think that Kilmarnock would be able to pay a bit more than Partick yes. The likes of Boyd and Mcculloch wont be getting peanuts down there. Now that all their debts have been paid off and other high earners have moved on their bound to have a few bob to spend and I'd expect them to have a few more season ticket holders than partick too

Falkirk looked pretty well organised and were great at chasing us down in packs, but by and large we were so ponderous that the game could still be going on and, if anything, Baird would've bagged a goal that his performance would have merited.

Starting to worry a little bit now for the rest of the season. Friend of mine suggested the possibility of us meeting again in the playoffs - f**k having to sit through us performing like that again. :unsure2:

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Assuming Sevco win the league then a Falkirk/Partick meeting would mean us beating QOS and Hibs over 2 legs :lol:

At Killie?

I highly doubt it

Killie's debt seems to be gone, and even when they were in the shit they were still paying guys like Eremenko about double what we'd have been able to give any individual player. Their budget is definitely bigger than ours thanks to about 50% more season ticket holders, and Higginbotham will be on a good few hundred a week more there.

Taylor will easily be making more at Wimbledon as well.

Archived