Partick Thistle v Falkirk - League Cup Second Round

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very comfortable.

7/2 your cash too. Lovely treble with Malmo 2/1 and Norwich @ evens.

Quite fancy the trash in the next round. Seeding prevent that?

Surprised how poor Thistle were. Decent from us. Maybe we don't need another striker if the defenders just keep scoring...

Thought Baird held it up really well

One clear chance in 90 minutes, could conceivably have played all night without scoring. 6 games played, failed to score in 5 of them.

Seaborne, who looked at least a semi competent defender last year, has now turned into Willie Kinniburgh with shit hair. That header in the second half into the JH under no pressure was the highlight / lowlight of the night.

An absolute shafting from Aberdeen to come on Saturday then regroup after the international break, hopefully with 2 or 3 new bodies on board.

On Saturday I watched the worst team in the Championship. Tonight the worst in the Premiership.

We were miles better than Thistle

I'm sure Peterhead fans said the same about Falkirk after the CC game.

I can take a cup defeat to a lower league team, but when your manager claims we're taking it seriously and puts out practically our best team, it's unacceptable to lack any sort desire or effort to win the game. First half our passing was awful, no-one tried to find any space and barely bothered to close anyone down. 2nd half was better with Pogba coming on but we still struggled to create anything. The only silver lining is that better teams than us were put out tonight. Fair play to Falkirk, they were organised, energetic and took their chance when it came.

Hardly a shock result tonight to be honest. Two very ordinary teams with us been more clinical when it mattered.

Baird was excellent in the lone role. His game awareness and hold up play has came on in the last few weeks. Think it's fair to say he had a point to prove tonight aswell

Roll on the next round. Will take anyone...at home

Sack the board, Archie out, etc.

Not really, but yet another pish performance tonight in a pretty grim start to the season. Falkirk easily deserved to go through and were just so comfortable. We had a lot of the ball in the second half but it never felt like anything would come of it.

Nobody was good tonight, but I thought Doolan had a rare minging performance - possibly his worst ever in a Thistle shirt? Stevenson was off the pace yet again, Booth poor and Seaborne's distribution was absolute mince. I'm still not sure Amoo is a real football player either. Think that covers most of the inadequacies.

On Saturday I watched the worst team in the Championship. Tonight the worst in the Premiership.

We were miles better than Thistle

We're not good by any stretch of the imagination, but you should probably watch Killie first.

Thompson school of refereeing tonight.

Falkirk get a free kick and Leahy trys to take it quick but is blocked by Thistle player.

Leahy leaves it too Grant.

5 seconds later Grant is booked for time wasting.

This is supposedly our best ref.

Archived