Partick Thistle v Falkirk - League Cup Second Round

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the BBC, re team news

Partick Thistle striker Mathias Pogba hopes to shake off a hamstring strain to face Falkirk in the Scottish League Cup second round at Firhill.
But Stuart Bannigan is suspended and fellow midfielder Sean Welsh is struggling with a knock picked up against Hearts at the weekend.

giphy.gif

Nae pressure on us for this one whilst Partick although the better side are on a hiding to nothing basically. Past experience of lower Premier v championship cup games tells us that there probably wont be much in the game and the longer we can stay on level terms the more chance we have of the local crowd getting on the thistle teams backs I suppose. Certainly winnable tie but you'd expect Partick just to edge it.

I wouldn't have played him tonight just because he's played a lot and it would be good to give Fraser a start in a position he's familiar with.

Re the jobber who said we're being arrogant. We're expecting to beat a team who are a league below us and have a poorer team than us. Arrogant student b*****ds.

winnable tie but Partick will surely put out a strong team to get their season started in what is a winnable tie for them also.

Falkirk to edge it 2-1 and Onef to further implode as this "worst team in 13 years" notches up another win, this time against a team a league above with a bigger budget etc etc. and still not be happy

Remember when we used to play Thistle 8 times a season?

The Steven Pressley days.

I still remember being queued outside the ground for one of those matches when we scored in the 2nd minute, before finally getting in about 10 mins late and watching absolutely f**k all else happen for the rest of the match.

The Steven Pressley days.

I still remember being queued outside the ground for one of those matches when we scored in the 2nd minute, before finally getting in about 10 mins late and watching absolutely f**k all else happen for the rest of the match.

Midweek cup game rings a bell?

Archived