Partick Thistle v Falkirk - League Cup Second Round

Nobody seems too excited for this game and neither am I. Although I can walk to this game from the flat so that's a bonus. A few of my friends are Thistle fans too so should be a decent day for a booze no matter what the score is.

Houston seems jammy in the cups so I'm going for an incredible 6-5 after extra time with Kerr and Muirhead scoring a hat trick each but Baird gets sent off for attacking the new Partick mascot.

How are Partick looking this year? Have Taylor and Higginbotham been properly replaced?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted with this draw.

From the seeded teams I didn't want anybody in our league and avoid the top 6 from above.

Partick have also lost Taylor and Higginbotham who I both rated highly.

Only seen highlights of their game v Hamilton and they look mince.

Sound evidence you've got there then pal. Given that there was only one top 6 team in the draw it's not that surprising you've avoided them.

Almost as good a draw as we could have had considering we were not seeded.

Confident we will do ok.

Right. Except that aside from Dundee and probably Hearts, we're as good as anyone else in the draw at this stage.

Of course it's a winnable game, but any draw was going to be winnable. Not quite sure why there's this level of confidence from the Falkirk fans, looks like we might as well not bother turning up.

• 2 weeks later...

Its good to see the club making an attempt to try and get the numbers up its the biggest moan of most fans and rightfully so so well done the board for trying something to get a decent number in its on the season tic as well this one so hopefully a decent crowd here

I literally can't remember a single league cup game we've played in my lifetime where we haven't been complete horseshit. Even joke clubs like Ayr and Cowdenbeath and St Mirren have come close to putting us out in the last two seasons so there's no reason why Falkirk can't, even with a team laced with our leftovers.

I literally can't remember a single league cup game we've played in my lifetime where we haven't been complete horseshit. Even joke clubs like Ayr and Cowdenbeath and St Mirren have come close to putting us out in the last two seasons so there's no reason why Falkirk can't, even with a team laced with our leftovers.

Baird, Kerr and Muirhead. Who else?

Think we've got a good chance to win this.

Just had a quick look at the table to see how Thistle are doing, no win in 5, 2 goals scored with 7 conceded. Pretty dreadful start to the season, hopefully we can make it worse.

Never seen us win at Firhill but never sat in the main stand. Hopefully this is an omen. COYB

We can't possibly be as bad as we were yesterday. That doesn't preclude us from being absolutely honking, but hopefully Archie will be able to give them a kick up the arse and we can go through comfortably, just for a bit of confidence of nothing else. Bring back Osman for Welsh (who was dreadful yesterday), get Amoo and Stevenson to f**k for this game, bring in McDaid and Lawless and stick Lindsay in for Seaborne. Hopefully that'll be alright.

How's Muirhead been doing by the way, Falkirk fans?

We can't possibly be as bad as we were yesterday. That doesn't preclude us from being absolutely honking, but hopefully Archie will be able to give them a kick up the arse and we can go through comfortably, just for a bit of confidence of nothing else. Bring back Osman for Welsh (who was dreadful yesterday), get Amoo and Stevenson to f**k for this game, bring in McDaid and Lawless and stick Lindsay in for Seaborne. Hopefully that'll be alright.

How's Muirhead been doing by the way, Falkirk fans?

He's not been bad, or particularly good either. Possibly our fault as we have played him as a makeshift right back while Duffie is injured.

Says a lot about his posityion in the squad though, he's now our 3rd choice right back (Duffie>Vaulks>Muirhead) and our 4th/5th choice centre half (Grant>Vaulks>Watson>McCracken/Muirhead). He's not been given a real chance at centre half though.

Where would you say is his best position?

Muirhead was probably our best CB the season we won promotion. No offence to Falkirk but I'm surprised he can't get a game.

He's definitely a CB though. He played RB for us for a spell to cover injuries and he was pish.

Archived