Forfar v Hearts, League Cup Second Round, 25/08/2015

Elixir

Enjoy playing second Fiddle to Celtic and eventually rangers in a league you will never win.

Fairly sure we heard that last year too. We welcome the chase again nonetheless.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it wasn't really. It was just unfortunate that after an excellent performance in the middle over 90 minutes, the referee completely failed to realise that our lads were out on their feet, were lagging the pace a bit and getting caught. A wee bit of commonsense and insight - and perhaps some knowledge of playing the game - might have made a difference. It wasn't malice aforethought, it was sheer knackeredness, that's all.

I meant 'hard' as in 'difficult', mate.

That's the beauty of cup ties. Quite often it's a slug out between the two sides, and this time a very hard working Forfar side eventually edged out by us. Rab Douglas having his customary wonder game against us again I see. The first sending off was extremely harsh to say the least, but the challenge at the end was a shocker. All the best for the season though.

That's the beauty of cup ties. Quite often it's a slug out between the two sides, and this time a very hard working Forfar side eventually edged out by us. Rab Douglas having his customary wonder game against us again I see. The first sending off was extremely harsh to say the least, but the challenge at the end was a shocker. All the best for the season though.

Your talking sense mate it's unusual on here. All the best for the season also.

I meant 'hard' as in 'difficult', mate.

Sorry! I was just defending our lads who, after an excellent performance, suffered at the hands of a man who has no conception of what playing football is all about. Oh, and also against some of the troglodytes who come on here with no conception of what an IQ is about.

Good luck for the season, and apologies again.

Big Rab rolling back the years there. Good save from the penalty but the one from Juanma's header is a stoater.

Forfar worked their balls off by the looks of it and could've snatched it near the end of normal time. As already said the first red was soft, second was a shocker on the young laddie. Forfar can hold their heads up high after that, hopefully we don't make that many changes again in the next round.

Sorry! I was just defending our lads who, after an excellent performance, suffered at the hands of a man who has no conception of what playing football is all about. Oh, and also against some of the troglodytes who come on here with no conception of what an IQ is about.

Good luck for the season, and apologies again.

Nae bother, man all the best to yous. :)

From a Hearts point of view, I think we learned a lot more last night than we would have had we played the entire first team and won by 3 or 4 goals. Youngsters like McKirdy and Smith got invaluable competitive experience. Yeah the game was nervy in the end, but I'm sure the overall benefit it has on the youngsters will make the nerves worth it.

A lot of credit has to go to Forfar, and Rab Douglas in particular. They kept with us as best they could, and gave us a real fright in the last 5 or so minutes of normal time. The first red card really killed any challenge that was heading our way, and I was never really in much doubt that we would get the job done after that.

Obviously that will be nowhere near the kind of team we play in the league campaign, but I was still impressed with the way Forfar were able to hang in against our first team players like Nicholson, King and Juanma. Definitely think that a small number of the Hearts contingent could show a little more respect and class towards Forfar Athletic for their performance, but hey ho different people, different opinions I guess.

Overall, delighted to be through and without any major injury worries for the weekend.

£3 for a pint of Strongbow Dark Fruit (I'm a classy guy) before the game in the Plough set me up nicely for what ended up being a long night. Enjoyed my trip to Station Park although I was left disappointed by my bridie :(

Archived