South Challenge Cup 2015-16

HibeeJibee

looks like the much vaunted benefit of owning one's own ground isn't all its cracked up to be... I mean those who play at council owned facilities with 3G pitches are able to get in much needed revenue at this time of year by being able to play games. You know, clubs like Leith Athletic...

...and Spartans..

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Half the pitch is still covered in snow. Not looking hopeful.

your calling that a pitch ?

its a park with goals even if the snow melts it will be no better than a tattie field sad but true just call off all games for a month save every one the hassle

your calling that a pitch ?

its a park with goals even if the snow melts it will be no better than a tattie field sad but true just call off all games for a month save every one the hassle

You could even call it a winter break, like the germans have.

You could even call it a winter break, like the germans have.

agreed a shut down is the only option

question

duns v whitehill was switched as whitehill postponed 3 times now duns will have postponed it twice if it gets postponed again does it go back to whitehill ?

agreed a shut down is the only option

question

duns v whitehill was switched as whitehill postponed 3 times now duns will have postponed it twice if it gets postponed again does it go back to whitehill ?

The problem with the shutdown is when to have it. Some years the most games are off in different months. Any time from November to February could be the most affected month. Last year there were more games in January than december for example- different this year

Evening news preview of the spartans game goes with the headline 'spartans still top dogs'. Further investigation shows that Stevenson still feels they're the top club in the lowland.

This got me thinking about the last ten years or so and the players they've signed from rivals- a regular occurrence in their successful period as players looked to move there with a greater chance of success. Basically I got thinking about the following question

'How many players from city, stirling and EK would actually move to spartans now?' And by now, I mean the next year or so before anyone says 'not til after the celtic game'

Archived