South Challenge Cup 2015-16

HibeeJibee

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game and got to commend the WW lads on a brilliant team effort. To see out extra time with only 10 men against the best team in the league did everyone at WW proud.

Big Ceasar Hurst ... who was drafted onto the bench with Bryan Young unavailable ... saving 4 pens including City's 5th that was to win it what a performance.

After yesterday and then today Newky must be in dreamland ... :)

Well done the welfare today, as I said, weakened team without the Mbu!!

What a game and got to commend the WW lads on a brilliant team effort. To see out extra time with only 10 men against the best team in the league did everyone at WW proud.

Big Ceasar Hurst ... who was drafted onto the bench with Bryan Young unavailable ... saving 4 pens including City's 5th that was to win it what a performance.

After yesterday and then today Newky must be in dreamland ... :)

Where did big Ceasar come from Rab? As you say the boy done well when he came on although given the sheer size of him I wouldn't fancy taking a penalty against him - man mountain!

Where did big Ceasar come from Rab? As you say the boy done well when he came on although given the sheer size of him I wouldn't fancy taking a penalty against him - man mountain!

He played for our U20s last season Cowden and made a couple of 1st team appearances towards the end. He's not played this season at all!

He played for our U20s last season Cowden and made a couple of 1st team appearances towards the end. He's not played this season at all!

He played 2nd half on Tuesday.

Not bad for a 3rd choice keeper! I would have given him the MOM despite him just being a sub.

Not bad for a 3rd choice keeper! I would have given him the MOM despite him just being a sub.

He was awarded the motm trophy. He have just edged out John Hall what a shift he put in.

Superb welfare..another honour for probably one of non leagues most successful clubs...I remember the doom mongers at the start of the season . very optimistic for the imediate future...well done lads

He was awarded the motm trophy. He have just edged out John Hall what a shift he put in.

Good to hear I dashed off for my bus back up town but seen the trophy presentation from the bus stop! Didn't realise that you can see almost the whole of the pitch from outside (tip of the day for stngy gits who want to save a fiver!).

The City penalty curse strikes again. How many times is that now?

if the biased useless lines man had not ruled out he welfare winning goal for supposed off side in the last minute there  wouldnt have been penalaties so well done ww 

if the biased useless lines man had not ruled out he welfare winning goal for supposed off side in the last minute there  wouldnt have been penalaties so well done ww 

and if the referee hadn't bottled it Whitehill would have finished with 9 men so just be careful what you say... 

we started well in the match but I think we just ran out of steam and looked knacked towards the end. We didn't take our chances, Welfare came back to draw 2-2 and you can't take it away from the big keeper. 

Anyway we've won the League, Welfare have won the South Cup, East Kilbride have a few trophies to polish. Which "big" Lowland League club didn't win anything this season then.....  ;)

Archived