South Challenge Cup 2015-16

HibeeJibee

After 3 postponements WW have lost home advantage and will now travel to Duns on December 12th. KO 1.30pm.

Sense prevails in not keeping trying week-by-week.

What happens if its postponed 3 times down there also?

Interesting question although I'm pretty sure no tie has gone that far in recent times. Maybe could think outside the box... rock-paper-scissors, IMO.

EDIT: On reflection, perhaps 4x100m butterfly would more appropriate :lol:.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North and East Section:-

Civil Service S v Tynecastle

Edinburgh City v Edinburgh Uni

Spartans v Cumbernauld

Duns/Whitehill v Ormiston

South and West Section:-

East Kilbride v Threave Rvs

BSC Glasgow v Lochar Th

Dumfries YMCA v Glasgow Uni

Crichton v Edusport Academy

Sense prevails in not keeping trying week-by-week.

Interesting question although I'm pretty sure no tie has gone that far in recent times.

So where does this leave us next week then ??

Are we pissing Mickey off and going to Duns or are we home to the Vale ?

Looks like 3 postponements each and naebody got an answer.

Who says we're a better set up than the juniors :o:D

So where does this leave us next week then ?? Are we pissing Mickey off and going to Duns or are we home to the Vale ? Looks like 3 postponements each and naebody got an answer. Who says we're a better set up than the juniors :o:D

Blooming fixture list eh!

Bumped into Mickey at the Uni yesterday and as we found out from a good source WW v VoL stays as next weeks fixture. The current rules state that South Challenge Cup ties take priority for an initial 3 attempts and are then slotted into suitable dates.

Blooming fixture list eh!

Bumped into Mickey at the Uni yesterday and as we found out from a good source WW v VoL stays as next weeks fixture. The current rules state that South Challenge Cup ties take priority for an initial 3 attempts and are then slotted into suitable dates.

Thanks for clearing that up Rab.

To be honest I've lost a bit interest and found other things to do wi my Saturdays since our last competitive game 24th October :D

You have to look back to the 10th October for our last Saturday home game which is bound to effect finances at any club at this level yet I hear there are cries for teams to play away from their own park. :o

Sounds a reasonable suggestion but...............

I'm sure we're not the only club maybes feeling pinch in this carp weather we having but moving games around renting facilities I don't think is the answer.(I'm sure there's fans who do home games only around the league) There's always gonnae be a fixture backlog wi the unpredictable winter weather.

Clubs like ours and the likes of Threave, Dalbeattie,Preston,Selkirk and Gretna would miss the income, especially on a Saturday behind the bar, (no that we're a bunch of alkies lol but our bar stays open all day on a Saturday if at home) most probably a valuable source of revenue to the clubs listed above.

Anyway how's the forecast looking for Saturday :D

Couldn't agree more with the above....doesn't the league pay out money to clubs who are struggling to play home games ? like a bad weather payment ? don't know how clubs can survive when there is no money coming in on a regular basis.

Archived