South Challenge Cup 2015-16

HibeeJibee

Was at the star v edu game, it was the worst refereeing I've ever seen! There were 10 yellows & 1 red & not a bad tackle in the game plus edu 3rd goal was well offside! Just the usual for that wee hitler Lloyd Wilson he has always got to make it the Lloyd show. The guy spoils every game he refs, not fit to ref kids! A joke of a ref.

Totally agree. He is the worst referee I have come across. He spoilt a very good game.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By no means the worst referee out there. He at least speaks to the players; I'd kill for that in my league. Watch a couple of Sunday league games and you'll see some REALLY poor refereeing :lol: One has recently been promoted from Sunday games to the South league and is far far worse than Lloyd. Not mentioning names but I'm sure if I did you'd all agree he is poorer than Mr Wilson ;)

By no means the worst referee out there. He at least speaks to the players; I'd kill for that in my league. Watch a couple of Sunday league games and you'll see some REALLY poor refereeing :lol: One has recently been promoted from Sunday games to the South league and is far far worse than Lloyd. Not mentioning names but I'm sure if I did you'd all agree he is poorer than Mr Wilson ;)

I know exactly who you are referring too.

He must be bad if the star are moaning about him he used to give them everything without batting an eye lid

If they think the referee was to blame for their defeat then they're clutching at straws tbh. Edu looked the better side right from the off. The ref may has stopped the flow of the game at times but he certainly wasn't to blame for Star's poor performance.

If they think the referee was to blame for their defeat then they're clutching at straws tbh. Edu looked the better side right from the off. The ref may has stopped the flow of the game at times but he certainly wasn't to blame for Star's poor performance.

Yeah, but far easier to blame someone else than to work differently and try to improve with a more detailed and more intelligent approach to how we train or go into matches. All that takes time and real effort. Blame the wee guy with the whistle.

Hows the welfare pitch looking for tomorrow guys??

Sir Peter been spending his usual hours on the park all week but Ye gotta think it be major doubt again with a bad overnight forecast as well bud.

Who knows maybes we can reverse the fixture like lthv though if this weather keeps up I'd imagine most parks be the same :o

Would hope Rab be on later for update as our 20s are in action tonight on the Lasswade artificial park ?

Hows the welfare pitch looking for tomorrow guys??

Duns fan and Newky here's the latest ...

There will be a 9am pitch inspection in the morning to determine whether tomorrow's South Challenge Cup tie will go ahead with Duns. The park remains soft in places after 2 successive Saturday postponements and another pretty wet week. Kick off is scheduled for 1.30pm.

Preston Athletic 1-2 Ormiston

Edinburgh City 2-1 Lothian Thistle

Lochar Thistle 3-0 Nithsdale Wanderers

Upper Annandale 0-4 BSC Glasgow (at Mid Annandale)

Bit of a shock at Prestonpans today as Ormiston became the first EOSL team to reach R3 - dumping out their East Lothian rivals in the process. Other 3 ties were off.

Not sure if it's that much of a shock HJ- to give Ormi credit they were not too shabby when they played us earlier in the season and Preston go from rather good (v EK) to appalling.

While I was stuck on a train from Londinium that had to go from Newcastle via Carlisle to Edinburgh due to engineering works the MIGHTY City were getting a late penalty to seal victory against Scottish Cup heroes LTHV. We really are the new Spartans... :rolleyes:

Pretty good match yesterday at Lockerbie with the uppers v Bsc glasgow, bsc as expected dominated the match but couldn't put the ball in the net and when they finally did it was an og just before half time but in the second half bsc absolutely battered them and got another 3 goals they also hit the bar twice and hit the post twice the upperannandale players struggled with their fitness early on in the second half and put in some poor challenges but they fought to end but bsc were to strong for them

Preston Athletic 1-2 Ormiston

Edinburgh City 2-1 Lothian Thistle

Lochar Thistle 3-0 Nithsdale Wanderers

Upper Annandale 0-4 BSC Glasgow (at Mid Annandale)

Bit of a shock at Prestonpans today as Ormiston became the first EOSL team to reach R3 - dumping out their East Lothian rivals in the process. Other 3 ties were off.

Has there ever been a Lower Annandale FC? Where would they have played?

There was not a Lower Annandale FC... but there was a Vale of Annan FC and an Annandale FC (both based in Moffat - now home of the Upper Annandale FC). There was also Vale of Dryfe FC (based in Lockerbie - now home of the Mid Annandale FC).

Confusion does not end there, either.

Four clubs - two called Nith's Dale FC and two Vale of Nith FC respectively - played from both Dumfries and Sanquhar (itself now home of the Nithsdale Wanderers FC).

According to SFHA there were also Dumfries-shire Junior clubs back-in-the-day called Vale of Cairn, Vale of Cargen, Vale of Ken, Vale of Kirtle and Vale of Lochar. Of course there is another current SOSL club called Abbey Vale, based out of New Abbey but currently ensconced in Dumfries.

Archived