South Challenge Cup 2015-16

HibeeJibee

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to the linesman and he thought the goal was definitely offside but was overruled by the referee.

The linesman never raised his flag though so I don't understand how he could have been overruled. I've also never heard of a linesman being overruled by a referee when it comes to an offside decision. The linesman is always going to be best placed to give them so why would a ref dismiss him? :o I thought the boy was comfortably onside fwiw.

FTs

(Last Night)

Cumbernauld Colts 2-1 Leith Athletic, aet

Edusport Academy 3-2 Dalbeattie Star, aet

Glasgow University 2-1 Gretna 2008

(Today)

Heston Rovers 1-2 Crichton

East Kilbride (thirteen) 13-0 Creetown

Edinburgh Uni 4-1 Stirling Uni

Newton Stewart 1-2 Dumfries YMCA (?)

Spartans 5-2 Heriot-Watt Uni

Threave Rovers 4-1 St Cuthbert Wanderers

It appears the games on grass at Threave and Edinburgh Uni, as well as the games on plastic, have survived.

Well done to the groundstaff at that pair.

What a job they have done on the pitch at Peffermill.

Remarkably good record when it comes to freezing, too, even better than some 3G parks.

Not sure if you can credit that to Gary the Groundsman tbf (although he may have knitted it a huge woolly jumper for all I know).

It was actually Newton Stewart 3-4 Dumfries YMCA... another big shock.

So looks like ww Duns will replace the star ww game next week. With both star and ww idle on 28th maybes that game could be rescheduled for then though at this rate don't think there be many games on till Christmas.

Great call Newky that's exactly what's happened.

Saturday 21st November

WW v Duns

Now a 1.30pm kick off

Saturday 28th November

Star v WW

See it's a different kick off time next week. Welfare now fearing they won't get it done in the 90? ;-)

:lol: ... good one SN :)

I'm hearing there's been a couple of morale boosting bounce game results against the Rose in the last week :)

:lol: ... good one SN :)

I'm hearing there's been a couple of morale boosting bounce game results against the Rose in the last week :)

good work out for both teams Rab

WW seem to have a good team spirit about them and a few lads that looked very impressive aw the best to both teams

good work out for both teams Rab

WW seem to have a good team spirit about them and a few lads that looked very impressive aw the best to both teams

Good to hear Whatasaw ????

For a new group of players they are very much together. Bonnyrigg flying so a good test for them.

Was at the star v edu game, it was the worst refereeing I've ever seen! There were 10 yellows & 1 red & not a bad tackle in the game plus edu 3rd goal was well offside! Just the usual for that wee hitler Lloyd Wilson he has always got to make it the Lloyd show. The guy spoils every game he refs, not fit to ref kids! A joke of a ref.

Archived