South Challenge Cup 2015-16

HibeeJibee

Underway today (and last night). Mostly a procession for the Lowland clubs, but Selkirk struggled against Burntisland after being delayed in traffic, and Gala went out against recent bogey team Heriot-Watt University, losing 4-3p after 2-2.

The South Challenge Cup, First Round North & East Zone

Vale of Leithen v Tynecastle

Burntisland Shipyard 4-5 Selkirk

Gala Fairydean Rovers 2-2 Heriot-Watt University (aet, 3-4p)

Hawick Royal Albert 1-5 Lothian Thistle HV

Coldstream 2-3 Ormiston

Eyemouth United 1-7 Edinburgh University

Duns 4-1 Craigroyston

Peebles Rovers 0-2 Spartans

The South Challenge Cup, First Round South & West Zone

St Cuthbert Wanderers 4-1 Fleet Star

Wigtown & Bladnoch 2-4 Threave Rovers

(Friday) Mid Annandale 2-4 Gretna 2008

(Friday) Glasgow University 4-0 Abbey Vale

This makes next month's ties as follows:

The South Challenge Cup, First Round North & East Zone

Vale of Leithen v Tynecastle

The South Challenge Cup, Second Round North & East Zone

Preston Athletic v Ormiston

Whitehill Welfare v Duns

Selkirk v Civil Service Strollers

Cumbernauld Colts v Leith Athletic

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v Edinburgh City

Spartans v Heriot-Watt University

Edinburgh University v University of Stirling

The South Challenge Cup, Second Round South & West Zone

East Kilbride v Creetown

Heston Rovers v Crichton

Glasgow University v Gretna 2008

Threave Rovers v St Cuthbert Wanderers

Lochar Thistle v Nithsdale Wanderers

Upper Annandale v BSC Glasgow

Edusport Academy v Dalbeattie Star

Newton Stewart v Dumfries YMCA

Ive asked this before HJ but canny mind answer can you refresh my memory as to where this cup stands with postponements.

Going by the weather there maybe a few called off this weekend.

Does this competition take priority over league games ?

Thanks.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hows Whitehills pitch looking for Saturday??

That's why I asked question DF there's been a lot more rain in Rosewell than there was for the Spartans game last Saturday so I'd imagine very doubtful at this stage though I'm sure they will do they're best up there.

That's why I asked question DF there's been a lot more rain in Rosewell than there was for the Spartans game last Saturday so I'd imagine very doubtful at this stage though I'm sure they will do they're best up there.

Hope its on, thanks for letting me know.

After me saying it would definitely be on last week I should maybe keep ma mooth shut but update I got was the park remains soft. Forecast shows spells of heavy rain over the next few days and of course typically that it's to hose it doon on Saturday. There will be a update on the pitch from the club tomorrow afternoon.

After me saying it would definitely be on last week I should maybe keep ma mooth shut but update I got was the park remains soft. Forecast shows spells of heavy rain over the next few days and of course typically that it's to hose it doon on Saturday. There will be a update on the pitch from the club tomorrow afternoon.

Nae mair Michael Fish impressions

That's right NB, think these ties alone still have priority.

It's the point of the season when everyone gets to feel like Juniors for a couple of weeks...

Fairer today, but considering the forecast, sounds like you lot may need to don your Rosewellington boots 8).

I'll do a Hibee Jibee :P ...

Latest from WW ...

Weekend Preview ... This Saturday we are scheduled to host East of Scotland League side Duns at Ferguson Park for the first ever time. Kick off is at 2pm in the 2nd round of the South Challenge Cup.

Once again though we are at the mercy of the weather and the forecast rain tomorrow means that a Saturday morning pitch inspection will likely be needed.

What should definitely go ahead though is our U20s fixture with Edusport Academy tomorrow night. Kick off is 7.45pm at the Lasswade Centre.

I'll do a Hibee Jibee :P ...

Latest from WW ...

Weekend Preview ... This Saturday we are scheduled to host East of Scotland League side Duns at Ferguson Park for the first ever time. Kick off is at 2pm in the 2nd round of the South Challenge Cup.

Once again though we are at the mercy of the weather and the forecast rain tomorrow means that a Saturday morning pitch inspection will likely be needed.

What should definitely go ahead though is our U20s fixture with Edusport Academy tomorrow night. Kick off is 7.45pm at the Lasswade Centre.

2 o c I take it yer no banking on extra time :o

Taking in the Edusport - Star game tonight. I've started to get to Edu games when possible over the past few months. Having saw them regularly this season and having taken in the Star - Colts game the other weekend, I reckon this could be a really good/close game tonight if Edu have a strong team out. I've been impressed with them since I started to watch them and I thought Star were very poor against Colts. Definitely got the potential to be a good game tonight.

Quite a number on 3G, tbf, and some good drainers (e.g. Peffermill).

Unconfirmed report from SOSL sub-forum that Upper Annandale v BSC Glasgow is off.

Also - Ahoy! Any news from the Water Polo Grounds, Carnethie Street? Was thinking about taking in Whitehill-Duns tomorrow.

Archived