Third Round North East

Whitehill Welfare 3-2 Ormiston

Semi-Finals

Edusport Academy 0-2 Edinburgh City

Final (Sunday 22nd May)

Edinburgh City v (Whitehill Welfare / Glasgow University) / Spartans

Today

WW 3-2 Glasgow uni

2-1 doon at one point but got there in the end.

Some well taken goals but I think the clear oot is well underway.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WW were by far the better team and the passing and movement were a huge improvement on previous game

the 2 ww young ladsdid their best but were slightly out their depth at times but never stopped trying

at 1 nil up ww looked cosy but a lucky deflection and poor keeping it was 1 -2 

then Connolly and manson finished off with ww deserved winners 

Mcgregor was superb when moved to the middle as was Connolly and Keane 

was hoping to see Hislop taking the field as a big centre forward is what ww seem to be missing

Well done to the Welfare today dug deep to make the semi finals. Hopefully a WW v Edinburgh City final would be great to see the big 2 in the final.
Final at Ainslie Park. Dust down the seats.
I like your confidence Rab :D Any idea the date for Spartans semi final.

Probably something to do with playing 90 minutes the night before 

WW were by far the better team and the passing and movement were a huge improvement on previous game

the 2 ww young ladsdid their best but were slightly out their depth at times but never stopped trying

at 1 nil up ww looked cosy but a lucky deflection and poor keeping it was 1 -2 

then Connolly and manson finished off with ww deserved winners 

Mcgregor was superb when moved to the middle as was Connolly and Keane 

was hoping to see Hislop taking the field as a big centre forward is what ww seem to be missing

Comeon

There is an example of seeing what your looking for out there depth against glasgow uni i realy dont think so

And bad goalkeeping pushing an effort at goal on to the bar its a ll about opinions but as your handle says

COMEON

Comeon

There is an example of seeing what your looking for out there depth against glasgow uni i realy dont think so

And bad goalkeeping pushing an effort at goal on to the bar its a ll about opinions but as your handle says

COMEON

Apologies I was not aware the 2 young lads had played a match on the Friday so no surprise they tired in the 2nd half they still put in a good shift though

As for the keeper as you say opinions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cup final weekend is here.

Or if you support Spartans the weekend is here ... :P

Peffermill

3pm

Sunday

Should be a cracker ðŸ†

Normally I'd support the Lowland League team against the Big yins but I'm willing to make an exception. ;)

Grimbo

City 2-2 Whitehill with Whitehill winning penalty shoot out 3-2. Whitehill sub keeper making some great saves. City should just concede at the end of extra time as they never seem to win once it goes to penalties.

City 2-2 Whitehill with Whitehill winning penalty shoot out 3-2. Whitehill sub keeper making some great saves. City should just concede at the end of extra time as they never seem to win once it goes to penalties.

city seem to struggle in games without the big Mbu at CB. They will need to sign a good replacement for there new season!

What a game and got to commend the WW lads on a brilliant team effort. To see out extra time with only 10 men against the best team in the league did everyone at WW proud.

Big Ceasar Hurst ... who was drafted onto the bench with Bryan Young unavailable ... saving 4 pens including City's 5th that was to win it what a performance.

After yesterday and then today Newky must be in dreamland ... :)

Archived