Other Leagues 15/16

Kris.

Behind closed doors. 😄 Looks like there is several thousand in the stadium. Portuguese commentary option on the red button. The second leg of the semi between Palmeiras and River was comfortably the best game of football I've seen this season. Something approaching the madness of that would be very welcome, especially after enduring Arsenal v Man U earlier. Some tasty challenges in the first 10 mins.

4 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Wasn't sure where to post this.  Found it whilst browsing the online papers this morning. The more mature fan might appreciate and relate to the article.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2021/feb/11/allure-foreign-sports-paper-language-skills-not-required

Used to love buying L'Equipe, La Gazzetta and Kicker when I was in those respective countries, or occasionally I would buy one of them from a newsagents on the Royal Mile, L'Equipe and Kicker I could understand parts of but it was mostly for the pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Auckland City win the NZ title for the 12th time and 8th in a row with 1 game to go after 1-1 draw away to Wellington Phoenix Reserves on Saturday. Team Wellington could have caught them if City had lost yesterday and also next week.. Hamilton Wanderers secured a finals place after a 1-1 draw away to Eastern Suburbs in Auckland today. Actually watched a stream of this game on YouTube, played on what looked like a public park with a cricket match in the background. 3 sides have a chance of securingmthe 4th finals place, Waitekere United 17pts, Eastern Suburbs 16pts and Canterbury United 15pts.

On 21/02/2021 at 00:31, Eednud said:

Auckland City win the NZ title for the 12th time and 8th in a row with 1 game to go after 1-1 draw away to Wellington Phoenix Reserves on Saturday. Team Wellington could have caught them if City had lost yesterday and also next week.. Hamilton Wanderers secured a finals place after a 1-1 draw away to Eastern Suburbs in Auckland today. Actually watched a stream of this game on YouTube, played on what looked like a public park with a cricket match in the background. 3 sides have a chance of securingmthe 4th finals place, Waitekere United 17pts, Eastern Suburbs 16pts and Canterbury United 15pts.

The New Zealand league seems very amateur, a mate of mine immigrated there in the 2000s, as far as I know never played anything above Sunday league and ended up being first choice goalie for Hawes Bay and Napier City Rovers for years

5 hours ago, charger29 said:

Does anyone know of any "other leagues" type podcasts?
There must be something out there generally discussing the Portuguese, Dutch, Danish leagues etc.

on the coninent used to be ok but its gone downhill this last year,far more obsessed with the CL and the new main presenter is dreadful