Other Leagues 15/16

Kris.

on the coninent used to be ok but its gone downhill this last year,far more obsessed with the CL and the new main presenter is dreadful
Cheers. From a look at the recent episodes it seems quite heavy on the bigger leagues but I'll give it a listen anyway to see what it's like.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/02/2021 at 16:09, charger29 said:

Does anyone know of any "other leagues" type podcasts?
There must be something out there generally discussing the Portuguese, Dutch, Danish leagues etc.

Ukrfut24 for Ukrainian football. They’ve also done a “tour of Scotland” over the winter while Ukraine had their winter break. ZoryaLondonsk is worth a follow on Twitter as well, they have some good content. 

Motherwell eat your heart out.

Ukrfut24 for Ukrainian football. They’ve also done a “tour of Scotland” over the winter while Ukraine had their winter break. ZoryaLondonsk is worth a follow on Twitter as well, they have some good content. 
Motherwell eat your heart out.
Cheers. Couldn't find it at first on my podcast app but eventually saw it in the 'shoot the defence' pod. They seem to do other European leagues too.

Also, just came across called another pod called 'The Sweeper' which seems to fit the bill perfectly. Doesn't start till May though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2021 at 16:09, charger29 said:

Does anyone know of any "other leagues" type podcasts?
There must be something out there generally discussing the Portuguese, Dutch, Danish leagues etc.

the outside write podcast covers a wide range of world football and football issues,the episodes are short but they can give tips for further investigation-for example,a recent episode on paraguayan football gives info on an english language paraguayan football podcast

Old news here, but I just noticed it.

Second tier FC Gagra won the Georgian Cup. This qualifies them for the inaugural Europa Conference. In winning the cup they played all 630 minutes of football without conceding a single goal. Even more impressively, during the quarters, semis and final they didn't score a goal either, each game being won on penalties after 0-0 draws.

Gagra was founded in Tbilisi by refugees from Abkhazia and they (forlornly) hope to move to Gagra upon Georgian re-unification.

Here's a photo I took a few years ago of the very nice Dinamo Sukhumi stadium. I've not checked but assume they're absolutely skooshing the Abkhazian league.

No photo description available.

11 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Sky Sports, what are they like?

Coupe de France
Red Star Belgrade  2 - 2   Lyon                    FT
Lyon win 5-4 on penalties
(It's just Red Star )

decent performance by lyon after some away trip in the cup midweek

red star were a real surprise to everybody-merely because they were there

Learned the other day that Alex Song previously of Arsenal & Barcelona amongst others plus two world cups & 49 caps with Cameroon is now plying his trade in the top flight of Djbouti of all places with Arta Solar 7 who won the league this season. Club is owned by solar power company Solar Power 7 & they seem to have decent financial clout  as in addition to Song the club also has Dany Nounkeu on their books who has spent about a decade in the top flight of Turkey in addition to 23 caps for Cameroon.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watch or have any interest in the Japanese J League?

I usually watch the A League on a Saturday morning but came across Kashima Antlers v Yokohama F Mariners on Freesports. The Antlers (I'm assuming that's how they're referred to) are currently 5-3 up and have just had a man sent off, albeit there's only a few minutes to go. It's been a really entertaining game to watch and pretty decent quality as well. Both teams are predominantly Japanese players with a few random Brazilians thrown in.

The Turkish league finishes today. Unfortunately not on UK TV as far as I know.
Besiktas, Galatasaray and Fenerbahce can still win the league. Realistically Fenerbahce are out of it though as they need to win and hope the other two both lose.
Besiktas and Galatasaray are tied on points & H2H so it goes to GD where Besiktas are 2 ahead + they've also scored more goals.
This means if they both win, Galatasaray will have to score 3 more than Besiktas to take the title.
Besiktas are away, Galatasaray at home. Starts at 18:30.