Other Leagues 15/16

Kris.

DAZN in Canada now has rights to the Belgian League, so I have some more random games to watch. 
I also learned that Kevin Muscat is manager of Sint-Truiden
Muscat could do alright in Belgium won the A-League Championship twice & regular season once with Melbourne Victory. Muscat seems to have mellowed out a bit although I can't help but laugh whenever he complains about a foul by a player.

The new Bulgarian season started this weekend, and the opening fixture to kick off the league was a Sofia derby - CSKA 1948 v CSKA.

Back story behind this one is the original CSKA Sofia essentially went bust in 2014; due to their debts they were removed from the professional league system. New owners acquired the rights to the old club, and also purchased second tier club Litex Lovech, taking Litex’s league status and changing the name to CSKA Sofia (similar to the Airdrieonians & Clydebank situation in Scotland). However, some of the CSKA ultras were not happy with this and formed a phoenix club, CSKA 1948, which has risen through the leagues and has now also reached the top flight. Essentially, this was a derby between two clubs who were at one point the same... sort of.

This bears the question - if your club went bust in this manner, which side would you take? Support the club with the name and the history who purchased the league status of a totally different club? Support the fan-owned phoenix club? Sack off the whole shambles completely?

As an aside, rumour has it CSKA 1948 are backed by the wealthy owner of Ludogorets who prefers to have two weaker CSKA’s than one stronger rival.

21 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

DAZN in Canada now has rights to the Belgian League, so I have some more random games to watch. 

I also learned that Kevin Muscat is manager of Sint-Truiden

Just noticed this on the weekend too, now if they can just add the Scottish Championship that would be nice. 

CPL tournament The Hunger Island Games starts on Thursday, though I have yet to see a finalised fixture list. All the games are behind closed doors at the University of Prince Edward Island and are being shown on the One Soccer app which I'm on the fence about getting as they show Liga MX

7 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Just noticed this on the weekend too, now if they can just add the Scottish Championship that would be nice. 

CPL tournament The Hunger Island Games starts on Thursday, though I have yet to see a finalised fixture list. All the games are behind closed doors at the University of Prince Edward Island and are being shown on the One Soccer app which I'm on the fence about getting as they show Liga MX

OneSoccer is pretty unreliable from my experience.  I used it to watch some Candian MNT games and it was very glitchy, it might not be as bad for the CPL games where there may be fewer viewers.

Anyways 'mon the Atletico Ottawa!

33 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

OneSoccer is pretty unreliable from my experience.  I used it to watch some Candian MNT games and it was very glitchy, it might not be as bad for the CPL games where there may be fewer viewers.

Anyways 'mon the Atletico Ottawa!

Guess I'll not bother with it then, CBC seemed to show a few games last season so hopefully they do again, they are showing CEBL basketball so seem to support the smaller national leagues. 

I'm happy that the Capital city has a team in the CPL and I understand their link up with the Atletico Madrid but the name still sounds like something you would see at your local Powerleague 5 a side league

19 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The new Bulgarian season started this weekend, and the opening fixture to kick off the league was a Sofia derby - CSKA 1948 v CSKA.

Back story behind this one is the original CSKA Sofia essentially went bust in 2014; due to their debts they were removed from the professional league system. New owners acquired the rights to the old club, and also purchased second tier club Litex Lovech, taking Litex’s league status and changing the name to CSKA Sofia (similar to the Airdrieonians & Clydebank situation in Scotland). However, some of the CSKA ultras were not happy with this and formed a phoenix club, CSKA 1948, which has risen through the leagues and has now also reached the top flight. Essentially, this was a derby between two clubs who were at one point the same... sort of.

This bears the question - if your club went bust in this manner, which side would you take? Support the club with the name and the history who purchased the league status of a totally different club? Support the fan-owned phoenix club? Sack off the whole shambles completely?

As an aside, rumour has it CSKA 1948 are backed by the wealthy owner of Ludogorets who prefers to have two weaker CSKA’s than one stronger rival.

Fan owned end, obviously. Anyone who says otherwise is for the watching.

The Hamilton channel I get, CHCH, was showing Forge FC v FC Edmonton yesterday, I watched the first half and the standard was fairly decent. The first goal by Kwame Awuah was a cracker, looked him up and he played 10 games for New York City. The TV channel was showing the app One Soccer's coverage, fair play to their graphics guy, the game was played on the University of PEI's AstroTurf pitch which has no stands but grass banking behind the fence, One Soccer superimposed a stadium with the seats covered in the background

CPL.PNG

• 2 weeks later...