Other Leagues 15/16

Kris.

Bizzare news from South Africa 🇿🇦⚽️ Bidvest Wits, one of the most historical clubs in the country, has been bought by the TTM FC group in mid-season. Some in the team have learned about this deal through social media, as confusion is all around. https://t.co/NTG6uBeiqy

Simon Murray old team. Hadnt heard of them before until he had joined them tbh

The Eliteserien (top league) in Norway kicks off tomorrow, about 2.5 months later than normal. From what I can tell, there are 200 fans allowed in to each game in the first round of fixtures.

I'll be keeping an eye on my lads, Viking, who won the cup and finished fifth in their first season back after a somewhat surprising relegation. They take on last year's runners-up, northerners Bodø/Glimt, in Stavanger - probably the tie of the first round. Champs Molde are away to Aalesund (no home match to unfurl the fleg, weird).

Heia Viking!

DONE DEAL: 24-year-old English striker George Oakley (ex-AFC Wimbledon, Inverness and Hamilton, among others) has signed a 2-year contract with Bulgarian second-tier side Pirin Blagoevgrad who’re massive favourites to get promoted next season. Oakley is their 10th new signing 

Seems quite a few British players go over to play in Bulgaria 

On 15/06/2020 at 14:48, resk said:

The Eliteserien (top league) in Norway kicks off tomorrow, about 2.5 months later than normal. From what I can tell, there are 200 fans allowed in to each game in the first round of fixtures.

I'll be keeping an eye on my lads, Viking, who won the cup and finished fifth in their first season back after a somewhat surprising relegation. They take on last year's runners-up, northerners Bodø/Glimt, in Stavanger - probably the tie of the first round. Champs Molde are away to Aalesund (no home match to unfurl the fleg, weird).

Heia Viking!

I've been looking online for info on how many fans are being allowed and how they've allocated them but drawn a blank. I've been watching some of the matches and haven't yet heard the commentary explain it. I thought the match on right now at Haugesund had maybe 250 in the stand. 

liga nos is definitely the one to watch since the restart ,Porto and Benfica seem to be trying to outdo one another in shooting themselves in the foot.Porto were unable to overcome desportivo aves last night, meaning theyre only 3 points in front, however Benfica now find themselves 1 down away at rio ave.am quite pleased by this as I was amongst the rio ave support away at belenenses 3 years ago and they were terrific,a real credit to their team

I've been looking online for info on how many fans are being allowed and how they've allocated them but drawn a blank. I've been watching some of the matches and haven't yet heard the commentary explain it. I thought the match on right now at Haugesund had maybe 250 in the stand. 

I watched the Haugesund game last night and there were heaps of folk watching from the balconies of flats which overlook one end of the pitch. There was actually a decent atmosphere - a few hundred folk can make a fair old racket. But aye, all games were capped at 200 fans - Viking for example had 100 sponsors and 100 normal season ticket holders drawn by ballot. Will keep an eye on how many are allowed in for the second round of games this weekend.

13 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

liga nos is definitely the one to watch since the restart ,Porto and Benfica seem to be trying to outdo one another in shooting themselves in the foot.Porto were unable to overcome desportivo aves last night, meaning theyre only 3 points in front, however Benfica now find themselves 1 down away at rio ave.am quite pleased by this as I was amongst the rio ave support away at belenenses 3 years ago and they were terrific,a real credit to their team

Is there a game on FreeSports every night? 9pm is a great time for a kick off.

Benfica won it at the death last night. Rio Ave helped them out a bit with two sendings off. Wild game.

9 hours ago, Smurph said:

Is there a game on FreeSports every night? 9pm is a great time for a kick off.

Benfica won it at the death last night. Rio Ave helped them out a bit with two sendings off. Wild game.

don't think theres one every night but they are pretty frequent at the moment-check the website "live football on tv"

aye,benfica got a bit lucky last night

Round 1 of the Norwegian Eliteserien took place on Tuesday and Wednesday, in front of a select few hundred in each ground.  Molde beat promoted neighbours Aalesund 4-1 away from home to start their title defence.  Nigerian striker Leke James - top goalscorer in the league last season - had an eventful day against his old team - he gave away a penalty (although Aalesund missed it), scored Molde's third, then got himself sent off.  The most surprising result was probably in Skien where home team Odd lost by the odd goal in three (see what I did there?) to newly promoted Sandefjord - all three goals coming in the last ten minutes of the game.   The last of the three promoted teams, Start, who came up after winning a playoff against Lillestrøm, battled to an entertaining 2-2 with Strømsgodset.  

In Stavanger, Viking got themselves 2-1 up by the break but collapsed in the second half as Bodø/Glimt bashed in three goals without reply.   Stabæk and Mjøndalen played out a nil-niller, and up in Trondheim it was also a stalemate between perennial Celtic opponents Rosenborg and Kristiansund.  Sarpsborg 08 had a difficult start to the season against Vålerenga who got a 1-0 away win, although the home team will presumably be happy to put the whole "giving a contract to playacting cheat Kyle Lafferty" affair behind them.  Finally, the west coast derby in Haugesund saw a dramatic finish as Brann grabbed a winner with 96 minutes on the clock, which secured a 2-1 win and three points to take back up the road (there might be a short ferry trip involved too.... ) to Bergen.  

The second round of fixtures is this weekend, with two games tonight and eight tomorrow.  I haven't seen anything about the current cap of 200 fans being increased, but it kinda makes sense that they would play two rounds of fixtures first before changing that - it gives each club one home game under that restriction.  

The Russian Premier League started again today...

I6 Rostov players tested positive for coronavirus meaning their first team had to go into quarantine. They were due to play Sochi and asked to have the game postponed but Sochi refused.

Rostov had to play their youth team and went a goal up in the first minute but ended up losing 10-1.

since the restart id say the Portuguese title race has been the most exciting.this has carried on tonight with Benfica getting beat 3-4 by santa clara.they were behind twice before going 3-2 up and you thought thatll be that but a late santa clara penalty followed by a winner in the 5th minute of injury time turned that on its head.sets it up nicely for the second game of the night,the derby between porto and boavista

• 2 weeks later...

Eventful night for ex Ross County forward Alex Schalk. Scored the opener, set up the second and received a straight red card all in the first half. Servette currently 2-0 up over Luzern.

Victor Ruiz terminated his contract after Beşiktaş failed to pay him for 3 months and then asked him to take a pay cut... Loris Karius contract was also terminated due to wages not being paid Elneny is in a dispute over the same issue

Just mental how club's can get away with that 

Victor Ruiz terminated his contract after Beşiktaş failed to pay him for 3 months and then asked him to take a pay cut... Loris Karius contract was also terminated due to wages not being paid Elneny is in a dispute over the same issue

Tbf I wouldn’t be paying Karius a wage either.

Big week ahead in the Turkish super league with neither Trabzonspor and Istanbul basaksehir wanting to win the league. I would like to see Trabzonspor nick it but sadly I think the blew it in the past few games.

Not sure UEFA will like that. Possible expulsion from Europe coming?