Raith v Livi

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith scored with only two shots on target in 1st half, the second a ridiculous penalty award. One of those days, move on. Nothing between teams. The fact we finished with 1 of our first choice back four on the pitch didn't help.

How many shots on target did livi have in the first half?

Very frustrating afternoon yesterday. Appeared to start very brightly and forced a number of corners without capitalizing on them. Raith's first goal was a free kick off the training ground which we did not switch on for and we found ourselves 1-0 down. The 2nd goal was very contentious as it appeared the ball struck our player with his hands down by his side at very close range. I think the fact that the play seemed to go on for around 10 seconds afterwards before being brought back was more confusing. 2-0 at half time was very harsh, but we seem to have continued off from last season by not converting any of the chances we create. 2nd half we spent chasing the game without looking too much like scoring, and could have found ourselves further behind before the 3rd goal went in. Need to improve vastly next week against Queens.

Did you play Davidson at CH or CM? For the last 2 and a bit seasons for us he was largely used as a CH for us. Also, did Wighton impress?

Davidson came on at centre mid. And no, Wighton did not impress. Showed one or two nice touches but on the whole doesn't work very hard and missed an absolute sitter when clean through. Early days for him though.

Did you play Davidson at CH or CM? For the last 2 and a bit seasons for us he was largely used as a CH for us. Also, did Wighton impress?

CM when he came on for the last 20 mins. Wighton's probably the only new signing that hasn't impressed yet. He got himself into some decent positions at times yesterday but couldn't do anything once he got the ball including f*cking up a great change when he was through one on one.

Also, where's this pace that we were told was one of his strengths? He looks to be one of the slowest players in the team..

Out of interest, why was it a ridiculous penalty award? Too far away to see what actually happened but it appeared Andersons cross was blocked by a hand?

To be fair, the livi twitter announced it was for a handball..

BBC are reporting that it was for a foul on Stewart.

Both happened but neither probably should have resulted in the penalty, looking forward to the highlights to see what actually happened..

Wighton is still bedding in at the moment. You can tell he's an intelligent player who wants to do things, but sometimes his decision making lets him down. As mentioned, he was clear through one on one with Jamieson yesterday and put his shot right at him. I'm not overly worried, I've seen players have worse performances in their first three games.

If you gave me a straight up ask about whether I'd have Lewis Vaughan or Wighton in my team, I'd take Vaughan every time. While they're both different types of players, I get the feeling Lewis had the ability to grab us goals while showed incredible technique. I hope Wighton can follow the same path. Its just a shame for us Vaughan has suffered such a horrendous injury. It really looked like a massive season for him.

Wighton just doesn't look ready for first team football. He does show a lot of nice touches but he's easily brushed off the ball, half hearted in the tackle and seems shot of confidence. His attempt when clean through was embarrassing. Hopefully Megginson starts ahead of him next week.

Raith scored with only two shots on target in 1st half, the second a ridiculous penalty award. One of those days, move on. Nothing between teams. The fact we finished with 1 of our first choice back four on the pitch didn't help.

I'm not sure if you're fishing or being serious but the biggest decision of them all went for you today so you shouldn't be complaining about the referee.

Well done on your win, hard season ahead for us.

Playing ok, cuthberts playing well. Unlucky to be 2 down but that's football. Horrendous call from the linesman for the penalty, hands by the side, ball hit at him from a yard away, did it hit his arm maybe, but not intentional by any means, but the ref plays on for 15 seconds allowing Raith to get a chance and hit the post and then pulls it back after the chance on the advice of the Lino, different season same old referees.

Ok lads, take a look at the highlights and come back and still say it wasn't a deliberate arm to ball in an attempt to block the cross. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and say you didn't have a clear view as the players body was in the way but in the end the ref got it right and it was a penalty, the fact that the officials waited so long to see if there was an advantage was the only thing that made it really weird.

Have to agree with others we weren't at our best yet could have scored more. livvi were tidy up to a point then....nothing!

Our passing game went awol compared to previous games and the less said about Stewart and Wightons finishing the better.

Toshney was my MoM and was excellent but for picking up a yellow and two misplaced passes that thankfully went unpunished.

Toshneys rapid return has made the re-signing of Davo even more confusing, not sure what Iain has to offer that we don't already have in the squad, obviously he has more experience than Callachan, Matthews and Petrie but he's not got a lot on McCord or Craigen both of which are seasoned pro's. That's not to say that I'm displeased that he's back as I've nothing against him but I do wonder if strengthening the squad in other areas would have been money more wisely spent.

Penalty was a penalty at the time, looked like he stuck an arm out, but not giving it and allowing Raith to get the chance to score by playing advantage for 10 seconds, surely you can't bring it back.

Later in the game we got fouled on the half way line, the ref waved advantage, we then lost the ball 5, 10 seconds later and he didn't pull it back, same thing.

It's a disappointing start for us, but I feel we just didn't get the breaks on the day, although Raith ran out deserved winners in the end. Long way to go.

Penalty was a penalty at the time, looked like he stuck an arm out, but not giving it and allowing Raith to get the chance to score by playing advantage for 10 seconds, surely you can't bring it back.

Later in the game we got fouled on the half way line, the ref waved advantage, we then lost the ball 5, 10 seconds later and he didn't pull it back, same thing.

It's a disappointing start for us, but I feel we just didn't get the breaks on the day, although Raith ran out deserved winners in the end. Long way to go.

Pretty much agree with this tbh. Either he should've given the penalty at the time, or not given it at all on the basis that we've played the advantage and not taken it. Not that I'm moaning. In all honesty, we lost a goal in the last game versus Livi that was highly dubious. What goes around comes around in football. Every club gets shit decisions. We just got one in our favour.

Toshneys rapid return has made the re-signing of Davo even more confusing, not sure what Iain has to offer that we don't already have in the squad, obviously he has more experience than Callachan, Matthews and Petrie but he's not got a lot on McCord or Craigen both of which are seasoned pro's.

Not strictly true for Craigen. The boys only 24 and made less than 100 appearances at senior level. This in contrast to around 390 senior appearances from Davidson, including 300 for ourselves alone..

Not saying I don't agree that the signing of Davidson is a bit baffling, but pretty wrong to suggest that Craigen is a seasoned professional. Granted he's played a higher level, but Partick Thistle, isn't much of a step up from ourselves anyway. (In my opinion of course)

Reluctantly agree it was a penalty. Strange to let play continue though. Sives can be a bit of a liability at times.

Raith played it right by sitting in after the second goal and making it hard for us to score. We had to score when we were on top in the first five minutes but we didn't and paid the price.

Yeah, looking at the highlights it's a clear penalty, definitely shouldn't have taken so long though. Advantage has been and gone by that stage. Ref made several errors yesterday that if he was being watched he'll be punished for if it's any consolation to Livi fans.

Great start, not an incredible performance but we scored three and with the Anderson/Wighton sitters it could easily have been more. Did Livi have something you'd class as a real chance at any stage throughout the match? I'm not convinced.

Great start.

Archived