Stirling Albion vs Clyde

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hullo…

Well, another season eh? Are you excited? Me neither.

For most of us another season is just another season closer to our last. Unless, like my wife Ephesia, you were a Rangers man. Eh, woman.

I hope you won’t misunderstand me. It’s not that I’ve recently succumbed to curmudgeonhood. To tell the truth a’ cannae mind e’ Clyde ever bein’ that good…

Having said that, I was recently given cause for cheer by one of my parishioners. Well, I say cheer. I remember coughing.

Old Mr. Bampot, an elderly parishioner from Castlemilk, had managed along to our fixture with Livingston. He spoke with an unusual affection about the team. Nine Clyde players earned the modest praise of being described as ‘keech’ – he made no mention of the other two. And Mr. Bampot is very a proud cynic…

Anyway, I’ve asked Ephesia to iron and press my red scarf for tomorrow’s match. So if Stirling win I won’t look out of place…

Whether she’ll do it for me or not I don’t know. To tell the truth we’ve been quite distant this past week. You see, I gave away the Christmas present she bought me last year. I tried to explain that I gave it to someone who was poorly but she wouldn’t have it. “It’s me or Mark McLaughlin!” she said. Honestly… What a carry-on over a bottle of liniment.

As to how I answered her ultimatum. Well. As Lot once said to his wife… “Moan tha Bully!”.

:lol::thumsup2:lol:

Sorry, :(:(:(

My guess is between 450-500 minimum. There's even been Clyde supporters hugely pissed off about BF being the manager who i've spoken to, and are absolutely champing at the bit for today. The fact our business was done early meant Clyde were in the papers when no other clubs were active, has imo reinvigirated intrest in many lapsed supporters.

My guess is between 450-500 minimum. There's even been Clyde supporters hugely pissed off about BF being the manager who i've spoken to, and are absolutely champing at the bit for today. The fact our business was done early meant Clyde were in the papers when no other clubs were active, has imo reinvigirated intrest in many lapsed supporters.

I think those figures may be a touch ambitious.

Should be a fantastic support though, we are all pretty optimistic for a change!

Archived