Stirling Albion vs Clyde

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it tomorrow yet!?

Can't remember the last time I was this hopeful and excited about a season ahead.

On the match, it'll be interesting given that it's the two favourites head to head. Could be a very good match if both teams want to put down a marker to the rest to justify the favourite tags.

Can't.Fucking.Wait.

It's amazing how the opening league game loses its appeal when you have the shitey cup ties in the two weeks preceding it.

Whilst I have obviously been deflated with the realisation that half the Stirling team retained from last season haven't magically improved over the summer and the new half of the team are not looking any better than the ones we shipped out, but hey it's a new season so things can only get better, right?

Riiiiight lads....what's the team going to be?? Lining up with a back four twice against Livingston suggests many predictions about 3-5-2 mightn't be correct....particularly with no.Durie and possibly Marko. Should he fail to make it, Bolo alongside Smith, Linton as he goes, and Mitchell slid back to right-back seems logical. Ferguson in front of him, Shug, McLaughlin and Brisbane completing the midfield, with Higgins supporting Gormley.....with a bench containing Campbell, McQueen and Marsh, there's plenty to be confident about.

Go for the jugular.

If Marko is fit:

Gibson

Bolo Marko Smith

Mitchell.....................................Linton

Murray............

McLaughlin

Higgins

Campbell Gormley

If he isn't fit:

Gibson

Mitchell Bolo Smith Linton

Murray

Brisbane.......McLaughlin

Higgins

Campbell......Gormley

I am actually quite looking forward to this. Given that I have only been to about 10 Binos games in the past three seasons combined, it's always great when I manage to get along.

No idea what the score will be tomorrow, the Clyde lads seem confident though. Should be some excellent breakdowns from them on here if we actually manage to sneak a result. They do seem to have one of the more excitable supports on here.

Hullo…

Well, another season eh? Are you excited? Me neither.

For most of us another season is just another season closer to our last. Unless, like my wife Ephesia, you were a Rangers man. Eh, woman.

I hope you won’t misunderstand me. It’s not that I’ve recently succumbed to curmudgeonhood. To tell the truth a’ cannae mind e’ Clyde ever bein’ that good…

Having said that, I was recently given cause for cheer by one of my parishioners. Well, I say cheer. I remember coughing.

Old Mr. Bampot, an elderly parishioner from Castlemilk, had managed along to our fixture with Livingston. He spoke with an unusual affection about the team. Nine Clyde players earned the modest praise of being described as ‘keech’ – he made no mention of the other two. And Mr. Bampot is very a proud cynic…

Anyway, I’ve asked Ephesia to iron and press my red scarf for tomorrow’s match. So if Stirling win I won’t look out of place…

Whether she’ll do it for me or not I don’t know. To tell the truth we’ve been quite distant this past week. You see, I gave away the Christmas present she bought me last year. I tried to explain that I gave it to someone who was poorly but she wouldn’t have it. “It’s me or Mark McLaughlin!” she said. Honestly… What a carry-on over a bottle of liniment.

As to how I answered her ultimatum. Well. As Lot once said to his wife… “Moan tha Bully!”.

Riiiiight lads....what's the team going to be?? Lining up with a back four twice against Livingston suggests many predictions about 3-5-2 mightn't be correct....particularly with no.Durie and possibly Marko. Should he fail to make it, Bolo alongside Smith, Linton as he goes, and Mitchell slid back to right-back seems logical. Ferguson in front of him, Shug, McLaughlin and Brisbane completing the midfield, with Higgins supporting Gormley.....with a bench containing Campbell, McQueen and Marsh, there's plenty to be confident about.

difficult one

would like to see 3 5 2

but who do you leave out

I would leave out Murray bring in Fergusson

no marko

smith bolo Linton

fergusson brisbane mclaughlin Mitchell

higgins

Gormley Campbell

Archived