East Stirling vs East Fife

Up against a team who gave Falkirk a scare and caused a shock this w/e. There's a few teams in the league that worried or shocked Championship sides this w/e and last. Just shows how tough we may find things this season.

It'll be a big ask for us to get something against a good side who have started with confidence. However, the game's not played on paper so if we're positive and get the rub of the green then a shock may well be on the cards :)

Up against a team who gave Falkirk a scare and caused a shock this w/e. There's a few teams in the league that worried or shocked Championship sides this w/e and last. Just shows how tough we may find things this season.

It'll be a big ask for us to get something against a good side who have started with confidence. However, the game's not played on paper so if we're positive and get the rub of the green then a shock may well be on the cards :)

Shire would be better playing on paper

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Brown was murder all game, never got tight enough and never followed his man.

Saying that I think he will start with him, I thought Walker looked okay at the game however if he isn't fit Pat should start.

I have never been to Stenhousemuirs ground so looking forward to it

Wait....as usuall I'm probably missing something. Stenhousemuirs ground?

No disrespect to Shire but after the confidence built up over the last few games, this is a great opportunity to get off to a good start.

In saying that, I think we were all quite confident going in to the opening game at Elgin last year and we limped to a defeat.

I'd line up...

Goodfellow

MacGregor, O'Kane, Page, Mercer

Wilkie, Mullen, Slattery, Murray

Austin, Smith

I'm sure we'll go a bit more attacking and would expect Wilkie to move into the midfield from Saturday.

No disrespect to Shire but after the confidence built up over the last few games, this is a great opportunity to get off to a good start.

In saying that, I think we were all quite confident going in to the opening game at Elgin last year and we limped to a defeat.

I'd line up...

Goodfellow

MacGregor, O'Kane, Page, Mercer

Wilkie, Mullen, Slattery, Murray

Austin, Smith

I'm sure we'll go a bit more attacking and would expect Wilkie to move into the midfield from Saturday.

I'd rather Wilkie in CM think he has a fantastic work rate on and off the ball and offers more in CM.

East Stirlingshire
  • 01 Barnard
  • 02 Kinnaird
  • 05 Tully
  • 06 Donaldson
  • 07 Wright
  • 04 Greene
  • 08 Carruthers
  • 11 Faulds
  • 03 Shepherd
  • 09 Roy
  • 10 McKenna

Substitutes
  • 12 Wallace
  • 14 Vidler
  • 15 Kay
  • 16 Court
  • 17 Dolan
  • 18 Deans

East Fife
  • 01 Goodfellow
  • 14 MacGregor
  • 05 Page
  • 12 O'Kane
  • 16 Mercer
  • 02 Mullen
  • 10 Smith
  • 07 Murray
  • 11 Wilkie
  • 03 Slattery
  • 09 Austin

Substitutes
  • 06 Walker
  • 08 Brown
  • 15 Naysmith
  • 17 Kerr
  • 18 Sutherland
  • 21 Couser

Absolute seethe from methils finest

As you're the first onto the thread to comment post-match (and not even about the game) would you care to elaborate???

Just off the phone to my dad. He thinks we had a couple of very good penalty shouts turned down and Shire were basically playing for a 0-0 from the start. So I can imagine there were a few folk raging at the game.

Can't comment on the penalty but don't really mind teams going defensive to try and get a result. Any team would. Fair play to Shire though, didn't expect that. Poor result from our point of view. We'll need to take 4 points minimum from the next two home games to keep up.

As you're the first onto the thread to comment post-match (and not even about the game) would you care to elaborate???

Yous were well and truly outclassed by the finest centre half in the Falkirk district and lost to a fine strike. Game was pretty even, our keeper made 1 save, a back header from our own defender. Kind of sums it up.

A poor game of football with very few goalmouth incidents. Always likely one goal would win it and what a strike it was. Well done shire you were well drilled at the back and were first to every first and second ball. We did have a couple of good looking penalty shouts Austin being bundled over in the box and a clear hand ball at the end. From our point of view passing was shocking and the willing hard work the players put in against Falkirk and Dumbarton was sadly missing. Our record at Ochielview is shocking.Just when you think progress is being made football is quick to give you a reality check. Once again well played shire.

I am pretty sure that is not a bus but is infact a Volkswagen camper van, good try though.

Irony not one of your "Special Skills" then I take it???

East Fife should have had a penalty in the first half when Tully literally elbowed Austin(?) in the back of the head and barged him over. There was much laughter at the ref just waving play on in the home end - but apart from that EF hardly offered anything.

We did not play great but defended well and the goal was the result of the wing backs being encouraged to bomb on. Lovely finish by Kinnard.

All in all a good start

PS - what is the deal with the EF casuals at full time? Grown men out of their nut marching up the middle of Tryst road squaring up to motorists and giving it the big yin.

Just home from the game and can honestly say that I have never been more appalled or embarrassed to be an East Fife supporter, and that has nothing to do with the performance on the park. The abuse handed down to the East Stirlingshire physio by a section of so-called "East Fife fans" was nothing short of disgraceful. No one should have to face sexual harassment in 2015 and especially not when doing their job!

I have emailed the club about this and I expect them to take appropriate action against these individuals. They are in no way a reflection of the vast majority of East Fife supporters.

Archived