East Stirling vs East Fife

Really looking forward to this one after impressing in the last 4 games, be interesting to see our starring line up. I'll go with

Goodfellow

MacGregor page okane mercer

Murray wilkie Mullen Slattery

Smith Austin

Thoughts and predictions?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll stick with our 5-3-2 wing back formation but it will be interesting to see who starts up front after bringing in two strikers on loan on Friday and also how effective they'll be.

We played well at home last season against EF and i hope that continues. Going for a 1-1 draw, Greame MacGregor to score.

Looking forward to this too, I'll be travelling through.

I'll go with

Goodfellow

Mcgregor O'Kane Page Mercer

Murray Wilkie Mullen Brown

Smith Austin

But I'd like to see

Walker or Pat start over Brown.

Walker shouldn't start a game he's just not fit enough, he was knackered 5 minutes after being on the pitch and offered nothing.

I thought Brown was murder all game, never got tight enough and never followed his man.

Saying that I think he will start with him, I thought Walker looked okay at the game however if he isn't fit Pat should start.

I have never been to East Stirling's ground so looking forward to it

I thought Brown was murder all game, never got tight enough and never followed his man.

Saying that I think he will start with him, I thought Walker looked okay at the game however if he isn't fit Pat should start.

I have never been to Stenhousemuirs ground so looking forward to it

How was Graeme Macgregor for East Stirling last season?

'But then Shire gave Arbroath an early Christmas present. Graeme MacGregor misjudged a clearing header which went straight to Smith, who took a heavy first touch. Just as it looked like Barnard was about to claim it, a miscommunication meant MacGregor took the ball away from the keeper and into the path of the league’s joint-top scorer Murray who made no mistake in scoring into an empty net.'

His most memorable moment, didn't do much else.

'But then Shire gave Arbroath an early Christmas present. Graeme MacGregor misjudged a clearing header which went straight to Smith, who took a heavy first touch. Just as it looked like Barnard was about to claim it, a miscommunication meant MacGregor took the ball away from the keeper and into the path of the league’s joint-top scorer Murray who made no mistake in scoring into an empty net.'

His most memorable moment, didn't do much else.

Ah, that was just before we forgot how to play football

Up against a team who gave Falkirk a scare and caused a shock this w/e. There's a few teams in the league that worried or shocked Championship sides this w/e and last. Just shows how tough we may find things this season.

It'll be a big ask for us to get something against a good side who have started with confidence. However, the game's not played on paper so if we're positive and get the rub of the green then a shock may well be on the cards :)

Both cup games so far we've played well. We ran stenny very close and played some good stuff against Falkirk but lost due to having wingers upfront and losing silly goals. The league is a completely different matter and the cup results have no effect on it whatsoever. We should be expecting to win games like this at home.

Looking forward to seeing how our 3/5 at the back works against teams of our level. If Townsleys back then he should be in the middle of the back 3. No point in having our best header on the sides where they are going to be dragged out of the box to close down wingers. Also Greene and Donaldson are faster than Townsley so makes sense to have them out at the sides.

Reckon we'll go with a 5-2-3.

Barnard

Lloyd Greene Townsley Donaldson Shep

Faulds McCabe

Roy McKenna Court

If we only go with 2 up top id play Carruthers. Only 18 and deservedly MOTM vs stenny shows he has potential, playing 1st team will only improve him.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Doolan start over Richie. Just because he was here last season doesn't mean he should be automatically 1st choice. Let them both earn there place.

Richie is our captain mate. I don't think it would be a good idea to drop him for the 1st league game

I am sure Doolan will get a chance as the season goes on

Richie is our captain mate. I don't think it would be a good idea to drop him for the 1st league game

I am sure Doolan will get a chance as the season goes on

Captain or not, 1st team places need to be earned. Every club has a vice captain for a reason. Richie was crying out for competition last season and now he's got it. Not saying Doolan should start on Saturday but he should get a chance in the next few weeks.

Both cup games so far we've played well. We ran stenny very close and played some good stuff against Falkirk but lost due to having wingers upfront and losing silly goals. The league is a completely different matter and the cup results have no effect on it whatsoever. We should be expecting to win games like this at home.

Looking forward to seeing how our 3/5 at the back works against teams of our level. If Townsleys back then he should be in the middle of the back 3. No point in having our best header on the sides where they are going to be dragged out of the box to close down wingers. Also Greene and Donaldson are faster than Townsley so makes sense to have them out at the sides.

Reckon we'll go with a 5-2-3.

Barnard

Lloyd Greene Townsley Donaldson Shep

Faulds McCabe

Roy McKenna Court

If we only go with 2 up top id play Carruthers. Only 18 and deservedly MOTM vs stenny shows he has potential, playing 1st team will only improve him.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Doolan start over Richie. Just because he was here last season doesn't mean he should be automatically 1st choice. Let them both earn there place.

I think losing silly goals was the cause personally. The other teams don't. Even when the defence-minded John Coughlin was the gaffer we still lost an embarrassing number of goals. Apart from the play-off seasons, the last 10 years appear to have had a culture of making basic mistakes at the back which shouldn't be getting made even at this level.

This MUST be addressed as a matter of urgency.

I think losing silly goals was the cause personally. The other teams don't. Even when the defence-minded John Coughlin was the gaffer we still lost an embarrassing number of goals. Apart from the play-off seasons, the last 10 years appear to have had a culture of making basic mistakes at the back which shouldn't be getting made even at this level.

This MUST be addressed as a matter of urgency.

Exactly this.

I don't think there is a Shire fan out there that thinks us regularly losing silly goals isn't a problem, it's a matter of how do you fix it?

Do we need better defenders? Is it a matter of training them better? Does the formation/tactics need to be changed? For me we a start would be a better defensive left back, having Shepard further up the pitch would benefit in the attacking sense too, he can cut it at left back but we can do better.

Archived