Dundee FC vs Hearts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is going on with this thread? Came on here to try and find out how two of our old players got on and find this train crash. My eyes are bleeding reading some of this.

Anyway can anyone tell me how Holt and Reilly did?

Hawk, on 09 Aug 2015 - 07:01, said:

WTF is going on with this thread? Came on here to try and find out how two of our old players got on and find this train crash. My eyes are bleeding reading some of this. Anyway can anyone tell me how Holt and Reilly did?

Reilly didn't have a whole lot of time to do a lot as he only came on when the game was effectively dead and Hearts were running the clock down but he gave them energy up front.

Holt looks a player. Crossing can be a bit hit and miss, but when he does connect it's usually a very dangerous ball, it's never just a decent ball, it's either a defence splitter or lofted straight to the keeper. He also gives us a good presence, reminds me a lot of Craig Forsyth. Unlucky not to score in the first half but for an excellent save from Alexander.

WTF is going on with this thread? Came on here to try and find out how two of our old players got on and find this train crash. My eyes are bleeding reading some of this.Anyway can anyone tell me how Holt and Reilly did?

Holt played well first half, he's a good player from what I've seen of him. Hearts were so narrow so it played into his and dundee's hands. Second half we started to play with a bit of width and tbh Dundee looked like they'd ran out of steam and ideas and holt was the same.

Reilly came on late on when Juanma was knackered and chased everything down, he kept pressure on their defence and really helped us close out the end of the game. Still not seen him on the ball much yet but he needs to be sharper when he gets a half chance.

I still think we're better than Hearts. We just had 45mins of madness which happens in football. It's like when we beat killie 4-0. That was apparently down to killie being shite rather than us being good and i think yesterday that Hearts win came from us being poor. I wasn't impressed by the jambos that's for sure.

You were the better team first half but i think the fact we were so poor was down to us experimening with formation and had players out of position, saying that we still missed two glaring opportunities, Neilson sorted it out at half time and we controlled the game from then on,i can only see us gettng stronger as the season progresses.

Trying to play with a back five was clearly a mistake by Neilson and Sir Paul Hartley was able to exploit it and own the midfield. Whether the plan was to go for direct football or whether players were panicked into big hopeful clearances in the general direction of the big men up front it didn't work well It wasn't all bad and the two really good chances we had in the first half came from moving the ball forward as quickly as possible but it surrendered too much space and possession. Their 18 in particular had enough freedom on the right and enough talent to ensure that Oshaniwa couldn't contribute the width that full backs need to bring to a 5-3-2 formation for it to work.

Had we had a bit more luck in the first half we could have gone in level. If they'd had a bit more luck we could have been dead and buried. As it happened being behind but not out of it yet was probably what we deserved.

Neilson's tactical and personnel changes undoubtedly made a huge difference as we actually started to contest midfield but also the frenetic pace that the game had opened with dropped and there was enough time to think. With time to think and another option in midfield we managed to start putting passes together and hearts looked more like we did last season.

Thought Julens decision making worsened as the game went on. Also on the winning goal why does he slide in. Hearts player is wide of goal, stay on your feet, force him to make a decision and the goal probably doesn't happen. Poor.

I see Hearts set themselves up in the first half thinking Loy was playing. Changed formation and took away our attacks down the left in the second. We really looked like we had no idea how to take that on compared to the first half when we ran them ragged.

I still think we're better than Hearts. We just had 45mins of madness which happens in football. It's like when we beat killie 4-0. That was apparently down to killie being shite rather than us being good and i think yesterday that Hearts win came from us being poor. I wasn't impressed by the jambos that's for sure.

Cool mate. We'll take the 3 points and you can console yourself with your thoughts. :lol:

Archived