Dundee FC vs Hearts

Dundee should have buried the game first half but Hearts rode it out and came out the second half reorganised and nullified any threat from Dundee, fair play to them. The physical side of their game is very effective however a stronger ref and there would have been at least one red today. How the f**k did Gomis get away without a booking? He absolutely strolled the second half but should have been off never mind booked.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neilson nailed it better than anyone on the radio. Excellent comments from him and Hartley.

Fucking ragdolled you first half and had to take some of our own medicine 2nd half, difference being Hearts took their chances.

Ref lost it in the second half and allowed gomis about 9 fouls with a solitary booking and plenty of warnings. Oshinawa is pish (very early days I know) but Juanma will score plenty. He was poor first half but mark of a player that he kept going and got his rewards in the 2nd.

Only bit I missed was a "stonewall penalty for us" - according to my old man. Harkins running through and taken out apparently? Lack of comments about it on here so I'll assume he's just biased as f**k.

It's been mentioned but the rolling about etc from hearts players was a bit of a minter but set that aside and there was a lot to admire. They are big, direct and muscular and although not pretty it will be effective. They won't be troubling Aberdeen though.

Only ourselves to blame for allowing hearts the opportunity back in - off the top of my head McGowan, holt and Harkins all should have scored first half.

Also, Harkins penalty shout. I thought it was a stonewaller. He's past Ozturk and although he's to the side of goal, he managed alrite from there last week. No reason to go down. Surely if it's a dive, he has to be booked and sent off (I've no idea if it was before or after the incident that he was booked)

I don't think Holt 'should' have scored. He done all he could do, it was an absolutely excellent save. The other two I agree, especially Harkins.

Aye more meaning clear cut chances that go in on another day. Dece save from Alexander right in the bottom corner.

Also, Harkins penalty shout. I thought it was a stonewaller. He's past Ozturk and although he's to the side of goal, he managed alrite from there last week. No reason to go down. Surely if it's a dive, he has to be booked and sent off (I've no idea if it was before or after the incident that he was booked)

I thought he realised he had nowhere to go, knocked the ball past and deliberately ran into Ozturk. No really a dive but trying to buy a penalty.

Could make a case for obstruction but didn't think Ozturk did anything wrong.

Yep...it's unlike the Dees to get carried away. Pumped an awful Killie team and felt they were stick ons for second.

Remember when they were doing aeroplanes on the pitch having spunked 20 million they didn't have to finish 6th. Fun.

You'll be able to find a post touting Dundee for 2nd of course...

I thought he realised he had nowhere to go, knocked the ball past and deliberately ran into Ozturk. No really a dive but trying to buy a penalty.

Could make a case for obstruction but didn't think Ozturk did anything wrong.

That seemed to be the consensus on the radio from the 'man at the ground'. He managed to wrongly name numerous players so I'm taking his opinion with a pinch of salt. I was directly in line with it and as I said, he was the only one getting there out of himself, Paterson, Ozturk or Alexander. They were all facing the opposite direction bar Alexander, obvz.

Also jambos, last minute looked like we had a corner, ref gave it but overruled by lineswoman and changed it. What was the script there?

That was right in front of me. I was seething about it! :lol:

Deefiant, on 08 Aug 2015 - 18:07, said:

Also jambos, last minute looked like we had a corner, ref gave it but overruled by lineswoman and changed it. What was the script there?

Kevin Holt headed it across goal, and I can only assume the Lineswoman thought the ball went out of play before the Heart's CH and Stewart went for the ball resulting in the Hearts player putting it out.

In fairness, I thought it was baffling that you guys didn't have the means to make a change that would have mixed things up. I naturally assumed you had a bigger squad. Holt looks like he'll make the step up no problem.

Na not got the strength in depth tbh. I thought the game was screaming for a change, then I looked at our bench!

Our squad players this season are better than our squad players last season but still not brilliant tbh.

Archived