Dundee FC vs Hearts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think hearts will be between 3rd and 6th.

Sorry if that comes across as "Billy big club"

I think Dundee fans have similar ambitions/expectations. Perhaps that's where the aggro is. Then again, there seems to be the thought process with some Heart fans that they'll absolutely stroll to 2nd place. Even if it's not explicit, that's the impression some are giving off and forgive us for laughing at the fact (Many wrote us off being top 6 last year) it's just without any tangible evidence other than a good year in the league below - then it's the P&B way to laugh at top end expectations.

Greg Stewart would get a game for Barca.

The league will finish like

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee

St Johnstone

Hearts

Motherwell

Ross County

ICT

Dundee United

Partick

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

I think Dundee fans have similar ambitions/expectations. Perhaps that's where the aggro is. Then again, there seems to be the thought process with some Heart fans that they'll absolutely stroll to 2nd place. Even if it's not explicit, that's the impression some are giving off and forgive us for laughing at the fact (Many wrote us off being top 6 last year) it's just without any tangible evidence other than a good year in the league below - then it's the P&B way to laugh at top end expectations.

Tbf we were 32 years in this league so are aware of the standard required to do well. This current team is good enough, imo, for top 6 and shouldn't be worried about any of the teams we'd face there. Where we finish will be down to a few factors including luck with injuries but I've seen worse Hearts teams finish top 5 and that's with Rangers in the league.

Dundee need to keep key players fit and hope Hartley stays and they should be top 6 again I think.

Greg Stewart would get a game for Barca.

The league will finish like

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee

St Johnstone

Hearts

Motherwell

Ross County

ICT

Dundee United

Partick

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

Greg Stewart will finish above Celtic IMO

Tbf we were 32 years in this league so are aware of the standard required to do well. This current team is good enough, imo, for top 6 and shouldn't be worried about any of the teams we'd face there. Where we finish will be down to a few factors including luck with injuries but I've seen worse Hearts teams finish top 5 and that's with Rangers in the league.

Dundee need to keep key players fit and hope Hartley stays and they should be top 6 again I think.

I've seen better Dundee sides finish in the top 6 too. What's your point? The 'we're a big club and had a good season in the championship last season so we'll finish 2nd' mentality is a bit embarrassing from some.

There's a difference from not being worried who you'll face and an expectancy to crush all before you which some are definitely giving the vibe of, and it's not just for the wind-up either having looked at the Hearts forum. There's a genuine belief whether implicit or explicit that Hearts should and could finish 2nd this season which is ridiculous.

I've seen better Dundee sides finish in the top 6 too. What's your point? The 'we're a big club and had a good season in the championship last season so we'll finish 2nd' mentality is a bit embarrassing from some.

There's a difference from not being worried who you'll face and an expectancy to crush all before you which some are definitely giving the vibe of, and it's not just for the wind-up either having looked at the Hearts forum. There's a genuine belief whether implicit or explicit that Hearts should and could finish 2nd this season which is ridiculous.

Being blithely overoptimistic is fun and if you're going to do it then August is the time to do it

Being blithely overoptimistic is fun and if you're going to do it then August is the time to do it

Hearts finishing 2nd in the SPL is not over optimistic especially with no Rangers to contend with, Dundee have got 2 seasons max left in the SPL imo until Hartley leaves and they return to their rightful place in the league below.

Fair enough. Nobody ever really has a solid idea how it might pan out until everyone's played each other. So around late October. Unless you're Hamilton last season.

Only a few uber fans who aren't really taken that seriously think that Hearts will stroll to 2nd. The rest of us think that other than Aberdeen and Celtic the rest of the places are up for grabs, and any team from a group of maybe 4 or 5 can push on and grab 3rd place.

Hearts finishing 2nd in the SPL is not over optimistic especially with no Rangers to contend with, Dundee have got 2 seasons max left in the SPL imo until Hartley leaves and they return to their rightful place in the league below.

0 or maybe 1/10. A 2 at best as I agree Hartley will be tempted down south eventually, but only as a result of leaving us in such a healthy state.

I firmly believe we wont need to worry about relegation for a good while.

I for one admire Hearts' approach to the season ahead. There's very little "We just want to survive" pish, they've come up with commendable bravado and a justified belief that they'll do well. I'd be surprised to see them floundering in the relegation zone. I've been at the Lochee swimming baths when severely disabled people have been present, and if boys with no arms and little understanding of the "no dive bombing" rule can hold their own in the deep end then I'm damn sure the Jambos can make a decent stab at going top six at the very least.

I don't disagree about some Hearts fans getting carried away. I'll take anywhere top 6 as good progress. That's not to say no I think we have no chance of 2nd,but it's definitely not an expectation as I think there are a few teams in better shape than us at the moment.

Over confident fans are one thing. As long as the players aren't we should be fine.

Why, because i think the better side will win the game?

Because you assume Hearts are the better side based on the fact you used to be a decent footballing side a few years ago.

Somebody get a charity bet on this. Already got mine on we a jambo they won't finish third never mind second lol.

I'd happily put a £20 bet on with Hearts_Man that Hearts won't finish 2nd.

Can i point out the fact Dundee won the Championship with 69 points without Rangers or Hibs in the league and finished 6th last season yet Hearts absolutely blitz the league breaking all sorts of records winning it by 21 points and sitting on 91 points by the end with the opposition in league being far superior.. Is it really that out of touch that Hearts could finish 3rd? I don't think so... Football and it's opinions huh

Archived