Partick Thistle v Celtic 9/8/15

Read somewhere the other day Thistle haven't beaten us since 1995, a run that has to end sometime and, after a long trip to Azerberjan and back for us this may be a wee chance for them to end that run? Especially if we come back from the land of fire with our baws well and truly booted

It's unlikely but I actually like the way Archibald has the home side playing, they play good football in my opinion and are only a quality striker away from challenging for the top six, cant see them being in the relegation mix. They have been a bit unlucky a couple of times lately v Celtic

Im going along on Sunday, usually a good wee day out in the west end, a pre and post match lemonade in The Star And Garter and the home side very generously turf their own fans out the new stand behind the goal to house us, ;) sorry couldn't resist

2-1 Celtic, Commons and Johansen on target

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic fans are all in the Jackie Husband Stand for this game and the Jags fans in the Main Stand and the North Stand behind the goals. We will probably get a doing as we only have 2 centre backs fit after Frans' suspension today, the 2 centre backs are 19 and 20 I think and have had about 7 first team games for Thistle between them, although they did keep a clean sheet against the mighty Hamilton today!

Good thing for us is it is the best time to get celtic but im really worried about this 1 with the 2 young center backs they did look promising today but dont want them to get a confidence knock although what i seen of celtic today there not quite at it either

Hopefully Seaborne's back so that we've got a centre-back on the bench; but whether he should come in for Hendry to start or not is a tough call. The youngsters looked very assured yesterday, but they could find it tough against Celtic.

Having said that, I'm going with 3-1 to the good guys. Pogba hat-trick as Celtic struggle with the trip to Azerberjan and back.

If Seaborne's fit then go with a 5-4-1. If he isn't, but Christie is then we can shift Miller into the centre of defence and play Elliott at RB.

The closest I've seen us to getting a result v Celtic was that League Cup game in 2003 which we lost on penalties, despite having 3 chances to win:( Every other game has been a heavy doing or a fairly close defeat.

I remember bmmmh walking up to strike one of the potential 'winning' penalties and you just knew he wasn't scoring :(

I'm pretty sure the only time I've seen us take the lead against Celtic was James Grady beating Bobo Balde to head home at Parkhead in the depth of the Collins era. 'Were shite but we're beating you' was fun for the ten minutes or so it took for normality to resume.

Liam Lindsay and Jack Hendry weren't born the last time we took a point off Celtic. You'd think the game after a tough (on paper) European tie in the arse end of beyond might represent a decent opportunity for us to end this run.

Can't see Seaborne making it back for this, he done 2 of his last minute call off specials in the 2 games vs Celtic after the 6-0.

Supposedly Pogba is signing on Monday (Mathius ;)). A tough ask to take something from this. Hopefully Hendry and Lyndsey will relish the challenge and can rise to the occasion against Celtic who played some decent stuff at times yesterday but maybe not in top gear yet.

We're missing Lawless and that has seen Bannigan shunted out wide. I'm not sure if Archibald will tinker again but I'd prefer Stuart in next to Osman although Welsh put in a good show yesterday.

I'll probably go along with more hope than expectation but every dog has its day, que sera sera and all that ;)

The closest I've seen us to getting a result v Celtic was that League Cup game in 2003 which we lost on penalties, despite having 3 chances to win:( Every other game has been a heavy doing or a fairly close defeat.

Remember that well, at least two of the penalties you had to win it were ballooned over the bar on a night when it absolutely bucketed down, pitch was barely playable by extra time

Archived