Cowdenbeath v Stranraer

No doubt about the red card for me. Hughes kicked out at Keenan while on the deck, catching him on his back. Hence why the red was for violent conduct and not a tackle as a few have stated on here.

First half Stranraer looked impressive for me. Bell and Thomson bossing the midfield and Longworth looking really sharp up front. Disappointing that we never really capitalised while on top.

Second half Cowdenbeath came out the blocks far quicker leaving Stranraer stunned and struggling to get a grip of the game. Cowden changed a bit second half getting the ball on the deck more, looking like a different team.

Although struggling to get into the second half Stranraer still had chances. Thomson fired one over the bar when he should of scored, we also had an effort cleared off the line.

Unsure about the penalty hard to see from the away stand but Stranraer players seemed certain of it which usually tells a story.

Would of had no arguments had the game ended a draw.

Anyone in their right mind would claim for a last minute penalty given a chance. You can say by the same context that it wasn't a penalty as Chris Kane argued with the ref so much about it that he got booked.

Looked accidental to me but its done now so time to move on.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsure about the penalty hard to see from the away stand but Stranraer players seemed certain of it which usually tells a story.

I Couldn't see whether the ball even hit an arm amongst that many players and I'd have been closer than you. I'd guess it did which is why all the Stranraer players appealed. That doesn't mean it wan't ball played man or an accidental handball.

Players appealing for something doesn't mean it actually hapoened like that. Players appeal for the decision every time the ball goes out of play. A large majority of those appeals are fucking laughable, and not just for throw-ins, corners etc. penalties as well. In the main players are cheating c***s and always trying to con the ref to get an advantage so i wouldn't place too much stock in their reaction. It so hapoened this time that the ref bought it and gave the pen. Never heard of this ref before and have no axe to grind with him but he gave three huge calls against us which has been our luck for far too long and why we're a bit pissed off with refs at the moment.

I Couldn't see whether the ball even hit an arm amongst that many players and I'd have been closer than you. I'd guess it did which is why all the Stranraer players appealed. That doesn't mean it wan't ball played man or an accidental handball.

Players appealing for something doesn't mean it actually hapoened like that. Players appeal for the decision every time the ball goes out of play. A large majority of those appeals are fucking laughable, and not just for throw-ins, corners etc. penalties as well. In the main players are cheating c***s and always trying to con the ref to get an advantage so i wouldn't place too much stock in their reaction. It so hapoened this time that the ref bought it and gave the pen. Never heard of this ref before and have no axe to grind with him but he gave three huge calls against us which has been our luck for far too long and why we're a bit pissed off with refs at the moment.

Was told that on sat, there was a referee supervisor and the head of referees for Scotland at the game. That seems to suggest that there may be a known problem with Mr Ross and his capability. Worth watching in the weeks ahead.

That doesn't mean it wan't ball played man or an accidental handball.

That isn't the rule though, whether it was accidental or whether the ball played the man isn't the first consideration.

It's whether the ball has hit the guys hand while it's in an "unnatural" position, doesn't matter if it's been blasted from 2 yards away or whether he meant it, it all comes down to whether the ball has hit his arm, and whether that is in turn in an unnatural position.

That isn't the rule though, whether it was accidental or whether the ball played the man isn't the first consideration.

It's whether the ball has hit the guys hand while it's in an "unnatural" position, doesn't matter if it's been blasted from 2 yards away or whether he meant it, it all comes down to whether the ball has hit his arm, and whether that is in turn in an unnatural position.

It does have to be deliberate as well. The unnatural position criteria is one of the factors the ref should use to determine that, not the be all and end all.

Archived