Cowdenbeath v Stranraer

The roof fall fund is great but does 200 fans really pay a functional league 1 club. The board ave to take some responsibility to inject funds its ok shouting join roof fund and take some responsibility for Jimmy n his budget. The cowdenbeath supporters are a loyal hardcore group of the product on the pitch is no good the person putting roof money in might get fed up. Heard a lot o fans asking why makel wasn't given job on Saturday probably has to do with money as well

Are you saying that the board don't inject funds at all? If so then you know absolutely nothing about the club just now. They have taken responsibility for last season but have asked that the fans move on and support the club.

There is little money left for new signings etc. If people then complain about a lack of new signings what do you expect the board to do? "Okay I'll just dig into my savings and plough some money into the club"? We've all got to work together both with supporting the club at matches as well as financially.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The roof fall fund is great but does 200 fans really pay a functional league 1 club. The board ave to take some responsibility to inject funds its ok shouting join roof fund and take some responsibility for Jimmy n his budget. The cowdenbeath supporters are a loyal hardcore group of the product on the pitch is no good the person putting roof money in might get fed up. Heard a lot o fans asking why makel wasn't given job on Saturday probably has to do with money as well

Absolute rubbish - let's get this clear unlike any almost any other club the Board are not the club owners they are fans who stepped in to run the club when it was in trouble and have continued to do so - they though have no real reason to put in any money than any other fan. That said they have put in hundreds of thousands of pounds - I myself have put in a sizeable 5 figure sum. So please don't say we have to take responsibility to inject funds - you say does 200 fans really pay a functional League One club - no it doesn't otherwise we wouldn't need Roof Fall. It is up to the fans if they want a functional League One club and it will cost them - leaving it to someone else/ the Board isn't an option. I am not just putting my hand in my pooch myself until I have nothing left. Already this season, many members of the Board have already chipped in sizeable sums to help fund players wages, other costs, buy equipment and more.

Why wasn't Lee Makel given the job - nothing to do with money. Why did he deserve to get the job? He and Jimmy had their chance and they both failed and we needed a root and branch change. Now if you care about the club stop focusing on peripheral rumours, factions, and agendas and get with the programme is the simple message. It isn't business as usual - it is your/our club and it stands and falls by what you/ we do.

All this Roof Fall etc has been explained in 8 meetings with the fans, several articles in the local paper, on the club social media, by handouts at two games, a regular column in the programme, etc - there is no reason why there should be any uncertainty about it and why it is needed and why the club needs all the fans to do their bit.

That's great and amazing what people r putting in buts it's a short term fix. Every cowden fan wishes they could put money in the pot.

And your alternative plan is what then? Play junior? By the way it is open to every Cowden fan to put money into the pot - that is the key point. Everyone needs to play a part not just leave it to others.

My main point is that we can't keep continuing to be run like this with certain individuals putting money in with no return. We'd all like the fans to run the club but a honestly don't think we ave the fan base to be able to. Money has to come through better hospitality packages. Opening the bar again possibly. Or even put the club on the market

My main point is that we can't keep continuing to be run like this with certain individuals putting money in with no return. We'd all like the fans to run the club but a honestly don't think we ave the fan base to be able to. Money has to come through better hospitality packages. Opening the bar again possibly. Or even put the club on the market

We don't own the club so is impossible to put on the market.

As much as I liked the club bar myself the place was always empty - Sky is too expensive and most people want to watch a game before the real action at Central Park!

No we can't that is why we need Roof Fall - so everybody does their bit not just the few. The fans do run the club already!! How can we put the club on the market when we don't own it? Yes if we had say 20 a match at hospitality the profit from that would pay for one decent player. The bar - someone else has the rights to run that - past experience suggests it would generate little. ,

The cowdenbeath supporters are a loyal hardcore group of the product on the pitch is no good the person putting roof money in might get fed up.

If you are loyal hardcore by definition you don't get fed up and jack it in. I'm fed up shelling out but I'm still doing my best but unless others pitch in then I and others will likely wonder what's the point and the Jack it in option might be the right one

It's quite simple really. If the fans don't back the club with hard cash we are not going to compete at any realistic level. It's not a new thing for clubs to ask the fans for help. Two clubs spring to mind albeit on a bigger scale. It's understandable that some fans can't afford it. Some can and choose not to. I'm not judging, it's personal choice.

It's quite simple really. If the fans don't back the club with hard cash we are not going to compete at any realistic level. It's not a new thing for clubs to ask the fans for help. Two clubs spring to mind albeit on a bigger scale. It's understandable that some fans can't afford it. Some can and choose not to. I'm not judging, it's personal choice.

Correct but if you can afford please help and if you don't want too just say so - that's your right but don't invent reasons not to based on rumours and myth about Jimmy Nicholl, Lee Makel, Colin Nish, imaginary monies from last season, agendas, etc

Correct but if you can afford please help and if you don't want too just say so - that's your right but don't invent reasons not to based on rumours and myth about Jimmy Nicholl, Lee Makel, Colin Nish, imaginary monies from last season, agendas, etc

Just for the record. I do contribute. Just in case I'm being misunderstood.

You have to admire the board for all they have done for the club. Also admire all the fans who are behind the roof fall initiative.

However the tin man has a point. There's only a small amount of fans and is this initiative sustainable long term?

The ground situation and Brewsters is slowly crushing the club. If it doesn't work well with Nish as manager we could be in league 2 by 2016 or 2017 and the appetite for fans to invest is bound to fade.

Sadly we just don't have enough fans at a home game, even if a lot of the regulars are tremendous fans.

Just caught up on the last few posts. It is important that we all realise that , if we still want to have a football club, playing at any level, we all need to get involved. There'll be no glory in it for the next couple of seasons,probably,but, we will have the knowledge that every last one of us has done there best.

I'm not saying 200 of us need to donate £20/month, however that in itself would raise over £40k a year. Even by taking an extra lottery line every week it helps.

Ways to help, as suggested in the flyer we put out on sat

BB lottery £1

100 club £10/month

Match/ball sponsorship and hospitality

Attend sportsmans dinner

BB bonus ball draw £18.80/month

Match day volunteering

Roof fall -we would like a minimum of £20/month. There will be monthly prize draws, exclusively for those who pay to this fund. Prizes to include board room access

I know it sounds like it's money first, money second and money at every other turn,but, without it the future looks bleak. IMO.

Anyone who thinks they can help get in touch at Cowden.fans@gmail.com

Hope everyone finds this helpful. I hear fans saying they can't really afford to put much in, that's fine ,not everyone can. Some don't even want to help, they possibly think it's ok just to turn up and shout abuse at a bunch of boys who are doing their best. I would like to think we're better than that.

I'm not inventing any reasons or agendas I'm just worried like all of us if the certain fans that continually back the club to the hill finances change does the current board have cash reserves but not at their own expense. Am not a fan of fan ownership my brother is 150 a month to foundation of hearts for 2 years now he's going travelling n stopping who picks that up now if u see where am coming from

Just caught up on the last few posts. It is important that we all realise that , if we still want to have a football club, playing at any level, we all need to get involved. There'll be no glory in it for the next couple of seasons,probably,but, we will have the knowledge that every last one of us has done there best.

That is the bottom line

No doubt about the red card for me. Hughes kicked out at Keenan while on the deck, catching him on his back. Hence why the red was for violent conduct and not a tackle as a few have stated on here.

First half Stranraer looked impressive for me. Bell and Thomson bossing the midfield and Longworth looking really sharp up front. Disappointing that we never really capitalised while on top.

Second half Cowdenbeath came out the blocks far quicker leaving Stranraer stunned and struggling to get a grip of the game. Cowden changed a bit second half getting the ball on the deck more, looking like a different team.

Although struggling to get into the second half Stranraer still had chances. Thomson fired one over the bar when he should of scored, we also had an effort cleared off the line.

Unsure about the penalty hard to see from the away stand but Stranraer players seemed certain of it which usually tells a story.

Would of had no arguments had the game ended a draw.

Archived