Cowdenbeath v Stranraer

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the car crash of a season under Jimmy. Nishy has a major rebuilding job on his hands. Played poorly first half but good performance second half. Stranraer no 14 was their best player.

Thought 7 was good when he came on. A bit out of condition but more ability than the rest.

A few more faces!! Are you providing the cash? Reality check! Subs yesterday were not a real issue of contention. A Kane/ Scullion positional switch doesn't make any sense. Shots on target that now seems to be the flavour of the month yardstick. What about patience and encouragement and Roof Fall values?

Meeting at Glen Tavern on Thursday at 7pm. Chance for supporters to get involved in the Roof Fall Fund and other fundraising schemes, that could possibly help us add players to the squad and help us be more competitive this season.

No. 7 cairney played against QOS but was chasing shadows not in game. Picked up a knock. Badly overweight. Came on as sub yesterday and helped us get back into the game. Very clever on the ball. Also his use of the ball was classy. Longworth was different class in first half. Deserved a goal.

There's never been any questioning over Cairney's ability, its his fitness that is the issue.

He struggled to keep himself fit at full time level and you would expect that to be an even greater struggle at a part time level. How long do you guys think it will take for him to be able to play 90 minutes of competitive action?

Football fans don't have much patience though. If you don't shoot you don't score and if you don't score you won't win any games. It was the same last season. Rather see someone having a go, if they miss so what. Better than passing the ball out of play.

No far too simplistic. It is not last season anymore - fans need to get on board with all the aspects of Roof Fall if they want success - it isn't just a glorified Manager's fund. It isn't last season anymore and it is not the same. This if you don't shoot you don't score stuff means nothing. We can get a free kick on the half way line and hit it on target and the goalie can save it with his eyes shut - so what. We weren't defensive yesterday and it is obvious we are in a transition phase - it is hardly as if Stranraer were bombarding our goal - it was a tight game. Last season on more than one occasion I heard folk screaming at Cowden players to hit it when they were 35 yards out just gathering the ball and under pressure from an opponent - complete desperation. You can prove anything you want with statistics but firing in arseholewinders from left, right and centre doesn't win games either. Patience is required when you are rebuilding and fans should appreciate that - there has been a deluge of Roof Fall messaging showing what can be done to help achieve success or does anyone actually really believe trenchant criticism dressed up as realism produces positive results?

I hear that Kenny us carrying a troublesome injury hence scullion playing CB.

I see on another forum, pars I think that someone has done a squad average age for league 1. We are the lowest avg in the league at 22.something.

Such a young squad will take time and they will have off days so we need to get behind them and encourage. Much rather a young team than hairy arsed journeymen.

I posted about that a few days ago in the Pars thread, surprised a regular visitor like yourself missed it.

Interestingly Cowden have the biggest squad in the league, looks like you guys are going for it.

I posted about that a few days ago in the Pars thread, surprised a regular visitor like yourself missed it.

Interestingly Cowden have the biggest squad in the league, looks like you guys are going for it.

Our squad includes the young apprentices so not as big as it looks perhaps.

How does scullion an Kane changing positions make no see cowden cowboy?? Makes loads of sense Kane best attributes are headering an smashing blows out on play an can only play in simples an has more speed thn scullion. Scullion in midfield could have played defensive an can pick a pass much better thn Kane can. Makes alot of sense dude. FYI both wouldn't be anywhere near my cowden team but a guess resources we have can't be helped.. As of other faces sure like youve said the supporters need to step up a guess.. Like you say

I hear that Kenny us carrying a troublesome injury hence scullion playing CB.

I see on another forum, pars I think that someone has done a squad average age for league 1. We are the lowest avg in the league at 22.something.

Such a young squad will take time and they will have off days so we need to get behind them and encourage. Much rather a young team than hairy arsed journeymen.

Kenny is fit to play.

It's far too much running in the middle of the park for Scullion. I wouldn't swop them. Scullion wasn't our worst player by a fair bit.

Correct - there is a reason why older players often drop back to play in central defence. Pat has played at centre back on many occasions in his career and Chris Kane hasn't. Again Chris Kane will be more effective at ball winning than Pat will be in midfield

Archived